Gillett's comeback hits serious snag

Apparently he's going to make some announcement at 7:30am tomorrow? According to the Broncos Facebook page.

That doesn't sound good...

Since we’re obviously going to now discuss retirement talk, it’ll be extremely disappointing (@Porthoz will openly weep) but it does give us a lot of room for retention. It may have even been a known factor in allowing Su’A to re-sign. Gillett was at the top of his game when he last signed, and was chased hard, so I’d say he was on $600k+.

With the salary cap dispensation, he’ll have missed more than half the season, so I wonder if it means a lot of his money will be cap exempt this year (great for front-loading contracts), but may also allow us to promote Staggs?

Gillett being forced into retirement would be a huge blow at any time but if it was going to happen, now would be the absolute best possible for the club.

It's nothing bad lol, go watch the clip in question. If it were a bad announcement it'd be a formal presser with WB and co.

If anything I'd say it's that he's been given the all clear and hopes to return next week or something.

4$ years paid out because of career ending injury, who wouldn't think about cashing out in those circumstances especially if he has doubts.

It's nothing bad lol, go watch the clip in question. If it were a bad announcement it'd be a formal presser with WB and co.

If anything I'd say it's that he's been given the all clear and hopes to return next week or something.

Either that or he's taking the rest of the season to get fully fit for the start of next season. There's no way they would be that jovial about a premature retirement announcement.

Yeah the announcement video is very jovial, never mind the retirement stuff. Hopefully he's coming back next week but more likely something far less interesting.

I just think it’s Gillett saying he won’t be returning this season and will be coming back after a great early preseason better than ever.

I think he's announcing he's intending to run in the Longman by election under the bronxnation party.

Since we’re obviously going to now discuss retirement talk, it’ll be extremely disappointing (@Porthoz will openly weep) but it does give us a lot of room for retention. It may have even been a known factor in allowing Su’A to re-sign. Gillett was at the top of his game when he last signed, and was chased hard, so I’d say he was on $600k+.
Wash your mouth with soap! I will openly cry!

Fracture verts take ages to heal, i think it will be that he will sit our the rest of the season. There is zero point him returning this year if there is a single minuscule bit of doubt.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • azza.79
  • Wild Horse
  • mrslong
  • RolledOates
  • Confidor
  • winslow_wong
  • whykickamoocow
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • heartly87
  • Financeguy
  • davidp
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.