NEWS Give it up for Jordan Riki

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
This round sees the belated debut of a superstar in the making, says caretaker coach Peter Gentle:

“It’s a fantastic story. Jordan has been in our system a number of years now and he captained the Junior Kiwis last season. If it wasn’t through injury he definitely would have made his debut before this weekend. He has had a lot of adversity to overcome this season and his mum would be very proud of where he is at the moment and about to put on the Broncos jumper for the first time.”

Screenshot 2020 08 14 Jordan Riki  jordanriki  Instagram photos and videos

You're in

Already a Maori All Stars bench player and weighing in at 106kg and 190cm, Riki can play back-row or prop. Gentle continues:

“During the COVID break, Jordan went back to New Zealand and had to come back and spend two weeks in a hotel room by himself which he didn’t handle real well. He also had an MCL injury earlier in the year. Then he had syndesmosis with his ankle so he’s overcome all that. Out of our reserve-grade side, he’s been one of the best. He’s been knocking on the door there so it is real privilege to give him a go this weekend and the boys are right behind him."

McHunt

Last edited:
Keen. Lots of people on here have talked him up. Although I seem to remember the consensus being he's a little underdone.

I don't know why they force people into hotel rooms. I did my two weeks in a cottage with a secluded garden. I could go outside into the fresh air and sunshine. I just wouldn't have done it otherwise but yes, I had choice. Coming from NZ it may have been obligatory to stay at a certain location but madness none the less. It is just as safe to use other locations especially if you're prepared to pay extra for sunshine and fresh air.

Keen. Lots of people on here have talked him up. Although I seem to remember the consensus being he's a little underdone.

Underdone ... sounds familiar with respect to a number of our developing players. Anyway, he looks the goods. Great body (I didn't say that). He also looks good holding the ball and about to pass. That's novel. Like you, I'm very keen. Wouldn't mind seeing another underdone player in Bullemor getting more time too. Given our shitty season is over in many ways, now is the time to give them opportunities so they stop being underdone.

Last edited:
Dem arms Jesus.

Can’t wait for this bloke to get poached in 18 months if he’s any good

Dude looks fit as, speaks of dedication.
Keen to see him play.

I wish you luck Riki......hope this season hasn't dampened your enthusiasm to play for the club...

Is he better suited in the back row or in the front row? Anyone that's seen him play, is there any player he reminds you of or plays a bit like?

Active Now

• Battler
  • Scorchie
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • Purple Pills
  • Skyblues87
  • NSW stables
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pigskin
  • Yem
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Spoon
  • Dee
  • Galah
  • mrtij
  • Nightwatchman
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.