Gold Coast United Given The Boot

That's terrible news for the a-league. Palmer is a dickhole but he was a good investor for the FFA to have.

really it doesn't seem much different to the old competition does it, with teams changing every year.

Meat77 said:
Bring back Northern Spirit!!

You'll have Sydeny Rovers soon.

The Roar are struggling as well, no money, lost their 3 best youngsters to the Netherlands.

All 3 Qld teams could be gone before the season even starts, though it would be unlikely the Roar would fold

Russo said:
Meat77 said:

You'll have Sydeny Rovers soon.

The Roar are struggling as well, no money, lost their 3 best youngsters to the Netherlands.

All 3 Qld teams could be gone before the season even starts, though it would be unlikely the Roar would fold

Although Brisbane needs to spend up big to fill the plethora of available positions, my sources tell me that the club is now out of the predicament they faced with the part FFA ownership solely because of the Sarota, Zullo and Oar trade worth 1.something million.

How much dosh that leaves for replacement players, I'm somewhat worried about.

Also, it seems that Frankie is interested in the vacant North Queensland gig as is Robbie Fowler being Sydney FC's new marquee for the season coming.

I'd provide sources, but who gives a poop on a Rugby League forum right?

Meat77 said:

I didn't know you had an interest in football. Whether it was in the past or now in the present. I "learn something new every day" as the cliche goes.

I wouldn't say I was a passionate soccer fan by any means but it is something I watch every now and again and keep tabs on. I used to work down the road from North Sydney Oval years ago and would go there every second Friday night to watch Graham Arnold and Robbie Slater go around for the Spirit - it was actually one of my favourite live sporting memories sitting with "Graham Arnold's Barmy Army"...until they stopped selling full-strength beer and the crowd subsequently dwindled...

I think the roar will need a miracle to keep the club alive tbh. They have a get out of jail free card with the money from the youngsters, but that now means they have lost even more talent which in turn means they will be even more shite. On top of losing Moore, Miller, Tiatto and Reddy, they have lost Oar, Zullo and Sarota.

Next season will be a deadset joke for them I reckon.

I hate to say I told you so.....

What did you tell us penny?

lol, Australia wants to host the world cup yet our own comp stuggles...

Scotty said:

even tho this is old, hmm maybe i didnt tell you guys, more other peeps who are all for expansion in the a-league, that the gold coast was never ever going to work. I live here, Ive been involved with the Gold Coast Football community for 16 years and its just not big enough to have its own team, especially competing with a semi-established team, an hour down the road.

pennywisealfie said:
Scotty said:

even tho this is old, hmm maybe i didnt tell you guys, more other peeps who are all for expansion in the a-league, that the gold coast was never ever going to work. I live here, Ive been involved with the Gold Coast Football community for 16 years and its just not big enough to have its own team, especially competing with a semi-established team, an hour down the road.

Yeah true. It's funny that they have been pretty much more successful in one season than the roar have been in 4, but they are still going down the shitter.

I have no idea how the hell the FFA thought a team could work in NQ either.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • jd87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • ozzball
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • heartly87
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.