Golf - Who Plays?

How'd the lesson go @BooKhaki

also, ashgrove doing their summer membership, 265 for 3 months.
Yeah pretty good, gave me some nice tips, plus sent some good videos. Going for another lesson soon. Really helped my chipping, chipped in twice at McLeod yesterday and was +4 after 16 holes when rain brought the game to a stop.

First round at ashgrove, 124. Ouch.

Much more challenging than st lucia!

having another crack tomorrow... surely can beat 124 lol

From what I'm told by my brother in law, Ashgrove is a tough course which is why he and his kids go elsewhere.

119. Happy enough with my driving but everyone else is terrible. Try for 115 on Sunday.

104. Need to sort out my putting and I'll be able to look at breaking 100 hopefully in the near future.

104. Need to sort out my putting and I'll be able to look at breaking 100 hopefully in the near future.
The move from low 100s to 90s is a quick one. I shot a 97 today. I was in the 100-110 territory a month ago.

I play once a week, never had a lesson and rarely get time to hit the range. Thing I'm finding is how to use different clubs depending on the lie and not make the same error twice etc. Also helps once you can cut out the wayward drives and lost balls, which is easier said than done. I only lost 2 today which is a record.

Interview I was watching a few weeks ago with a pro was talking about how important short game and putting are for dropping your score. 6-8 weeks ago I had no confidence playing chip shots around the green and would regularly blade them. Putting is a work in progress but sorting out the chip has helped immensely.

Haven't broken the 100 mark yet but I'm consistently hitting around 104-106 so that's not a bad thing IMO, I'm at least starting to get some consistency with my shots. As I'm sure a lot of yall can relate, it only takes a bad hole or two to ruin your round, but I'm just trying to chalk them off individually and focus on the other 16 or so holes. I'm hitting a 6i really well and my 4i is improving rapidly - just gotta remember to hit them mostly off the back foot. Still sus on short game 60-80 out, generally over hit them even with a pitch (or totally duff it and hit it 5 feet along with a bunch of turf).

Got my first handicap, 30.8 lol, but gotta start somewhere.

On a side note, does anyone elses fingers/finger joints hurt for a few days after? I'mma guess I'm gripping the club too tight but not sure if it's a growing pain and getting used to having a stick in my hand for 3hours straight (and multiple days in a row).

103 with 5 missed birdie puts and 1 missed par put.

Getting closer...

Don't pay the $400. I'm the $79 member there, and I always walk onto the chipping and putting greens and have never been questioned. But yeah it's all about short game, I stopped playing in 2012 but have picked it back up this year, I play off 10 but my short game is putrid, truly horrible chipping and putting. I strongly suggest getting lessons ASAP, the longer you wait for lessons, the harder the bad habits are to break.
Handicap is down to 5.8 since spending some time working on the short game. Ended up becoming a member at Virginia GC, really nice track.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.