Golf - Who Plays?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
In the last year or so, i've begun to get into social golf a bit, played about ten or so times in the last year. Enjoy it greatly, despite the fact i'm fairly crap at everything except using a driver. [icon_lol1.

Anyway, i'm thinking about investing in a cheap set to use instead of always having to borrow off my mates. Any recommendations? What price to spend, etc? I've seen a few decent sets knocking around on ebay, which i'm told are pretty good value and quality for a first set.

Anyone else play?

No idea on recommendations for clubs etc. But I do have a set and like to go for a hit. Don't get to very often. Went a couple of times last year, and our work christmas party is a golf day in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to that.

I love golf. but lately the only golf i'm playing is Wii golf.

I used to play golf all the time and after watching the golf yesterday all I want to do is have a hit.. I'd have a look on ebay if your keen on some cheaper clubs but if your willing to spend a bit of money and will use the clubs a lot go to Golfworld or something and pick up a nice package..

I really got into golf about 4 years ago. Played it at least once a week, then wained, as did my game. Haven't had a hit in ages.

It is a good, yet very frustrating sport.

I have played for a long time, different periods I have been more enthusiastic than others. Quite a good course here in Gympie so I am becoming a member. At one point I played off about 12 but am not nearly that good currently. Love the game and I own a good set of Tommy Armour Black Scots but I hate my woods and am going to look into getting a new driver and 3-wood. My first set was a $100 set from a cash converters, Brosnans was the brand and I highly recommend them as a first set as they are a decent quality and you will find them cheap.

FTR, I can't use drivers well, and have a 1-iron. It goes a long way and stays very low. I really should have put the effort into learning the art of the drivers, but meh

I have a reasonable driver just find I turn it over to easy and can't keep it down (I have a really high ball flight) plus it has a graphite shaft where I prefer a stiffer steel shaft (lolz). I recently snapped my 3 wood around a tree so need a new one, would re-shaft it but didn't like it that much anyway.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I have a reasonable driver just find I turn it over to easy and can't keep it down (I have a really high ball flight) plus it has a graphite shaft where I prefer a stiffer steel shaft (lolz). I recently snapped my 3 wood around a tree so need a new one, would re-shaft it but didn't like it that much anyway.

Boom chicka wah wah!

Used to play as it goes through the family history a bit. I love the game but don't play very often. Sometimes when I go back home I will have a hit, but am much the same as those who are good at driving and nothing else [icon_lol1.

Highlight of my career was my chip in for a birdie _woohoo_

Coxy said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

Boom chicka wah wah!

If QLDER was here, there would have been at least 3 "that's what she said"'s in that post

My highlight was a hole in one...unfortunately it was a 4WD parked 80 metres to the right of where I was aiming.

Hammo said:
I really got into golf about 4 years ago. Played it at least once a week, then wained, as did my game. Haven't had a hit in ages.

It is a good, yet very frustrating sport.

I'm with you. I use to play golf but gave it up as I could never get the ball in the holes in the first 10 shots.

Fucking hell!

I was just bidding on some clubs on ebay, and in the last five seconds some **** comes in and bids $5 more than me.

**** yeah! Hooray for second chance offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ending up getting them albeit a tad more expensive than i was hoping to pay.

:D :D :D

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • mystico
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Santa
  • thenry
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.