NEWS Good news: no major injuries from the Nines

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
From Badel in the Courier Mail just now:

On a positive note, all players have been cleared of major injuries, including Milford who is expected to be able to play a trial before Round One.

Quote from Nines coach Kurt Richards:

“He will definitely be fine for the premiership and ‘Milf’ could even play one more trial before round one. We are aiming for the NRL season and I didn’t want to take the risk with Milf. It’s a very minor hamstring injury, I don’t know the gradings but it’s as minor as you can get. If we had have got through to the quarters, he may have been a chance of coming back, but it wasn’t worth the risk for him to play in that game against the Storm. We want Milf to be ready to go for round one and he will be fine for that.”

About the loss, Kurt said:

“It’s disappointing. “I was happy to get a win over Melbourne but disappointed we didn’t get the chance to reach the knockout stage. We just struggled for field position. We had a lot of opportunities coming off our line. If we had more ball in the red zone anything could have happened. Brisbane big guns David Fifita and Payne Haas were well-contained with the hulking duo barely firing a shot.

“There were some positives to take out of it. Tesi was one of our best, he was dangerous every time he had the ball and Brodie did well getting us around the park. The main thing is we are injury-free, we are looking forward to round one, we’re building something.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Potential serious injuries coming out of the tournament:

Lowe - ACL
Dufty - Fractured cheekbone / eye socket
McGuire - PCL

I'm sure there are others too.

McGuire is a big loss for the Cows but PCL shouldn't keep him out any later than Round 2.

Nines is just a pre season show case. If you invest too much into it as a team you will be destined to struggle early parts of the season. Better off just turning up, having some fun and escaping injury free. Its best to be used as team bonding and entertainment rather than anything as a gauge or indicator unless some players are having complete shockers.

Nines is just a pre season show case. If you invest too much into it as a team you will be destined to struggle early parts of the season. Better off just turning up, having some fun and escaping injury free. Its best to be used as team bonding and entertainment rather than anything as a gauge or indicator unless some players are having complete shockers.

I thought it’d be the perfect opportunity for the broncos to have fun but it seemed they still stuck to their usual shapes.

Active Now

• Rough and Ready
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.