Gould: Broncos cheated cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
simmo77 said:
But remember as well that I'm pretty sure 95% of the 06 team were broncos juniors so surely they wouldve been paid accordingly and accepted lower $ to stay with a champion team.

Most also still played on their first contract.

Gould didn't come out and say the Broncos cheated the cap.

He just asked the question 'How many of those premierships were won with teams within the salary cap' or something along those lines. The rest of the crew acted as if somebody had just regurgitated in the middle of the set and carried on as quickly as they could.

simmo77 said:
But remember as well that I'm pretty sure 95% of the 06 team were broncos juniors so surely they wouldve been paid accordingly and accepted lower $ to stay with a champion team.

Of all the years we have won the least I am worried about is 2006.

That being said you'd only be worried about either 1998 or 2000 - as the salary cap was pretty much non-existent (or at the very least MUCH more liberal) in '92/'93 and definitely wasn't there in SuperLeague

Pretty sure that in 1998 the salary cap was relaxed due to the fact most clubs had paid massive overs for a lot of players during the SL war. So surely we weren't the only team paying plenty.

True true - which then brings it back to only the 2000 premiership having a possible cloud over it.

draggx said:
broncospwn said:
Perhaps we have in the past like when we had 9 origin players in the one go.
However no one knows unless it's proven and saying that WE DID as if it's a fact is pretty lame.

The Broncos may even sue Gould here.

Coxy has addressed the "9 players in a year" thing before. But player like Lote,Sailor,Tate ect at the time were still on their original "Nobody's" contract.
It goes beyond that though, many players have performance bonuses then you get rep payments which ASFAIK come out of the salary cap as well and a lot of other things. Most likely we were not over but it's easy to see why people may have thought so, especially considering the above.

And in the above situation it's not a deliberate breach and a fine would be the punishment.

Lol at everyone shouting 'sue sue sue'. Are we in America?

Anonymous person said:
Lol at everyone shouting 'sue sue sue'. Are we in America?

It's 2010, Isn't every English speaking country America now?

I've seen Australian journalists sued for a lot less

Yes, but if the Broncos wanted to take him to court, they would need to release financial records. And perhaps that would prove his point..

Yes, plus the old adage "thou protests too much". The more you deny something, the more people suspect there's something in it.

Just fobbing off the comment is probably the best course of action.

I just couldn't believe it.

Yes, his accusation was "implied" but it was totally clear what he was implying. "How many of those teams were below the cap? I don't have any problem with that, that's how it should be. I'm just dirty that the Storm aren't in this competition."

Clear translation is: Broncos were over the cap through some of their premierships, and that's fine because that's how they created their team, but it's not fair that the Storm have been punished while the Broncos haven't.

Unless and until Gould released the full Roosters financials for the 2000-2004 period, he can stfu.

i have heard . broncos had a 10 year cap exception

fredie, quit bumping old threads.

Thanks...

sorry . but thats what threads are for. to discuss and chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.