VOTE Grand Final Afternoon @ Morkel's

Planning on coming to the GF Arvo?

• NOT THANKS

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yes, only if the Broncos AREN'T in the GF.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, only if the Broncos ARE in the GF.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
It is confirmed. I will be hosting a Grand Final get-together at my place for those that can't make it to Sydney (or if the Broncos don't make it to the GF). For those that didn't come last time, it's at South Maclean, which is about 15-20 minutes down the Mt Lindsay Hwy, off the Logan Motorway.

I've put a bunch of options in the poll, it's more expressions of interest so far, as we won't really know much until we see if we survive the Preliminary Final. Details will be nailed down closer to the day, but obviously I'm happy to have it include the games that preclude the NRL GF, as well as throw a BBQ in there some time before the main event. I've been considering having it as a family day, as in, bring the kids because I have a lot of land and a safe, secure area for them to play, but I am guessing that those with a family will probably appreciate watching the game with minimal responsibilities.

The invite is extended to all regular posters here, not just staff. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Kudos to [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] for being a bloody top bloke!

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Would actually like that especially if the Broncos were there but my swing doesn't finish until the Tuesday following the gf.... Hope everyone has a great day and we get the result we deserve !

I'm a maybe, depending on whether we are in the GF and I can convince work of their need to fly me down that weekend... :spy:

Thanks very much for the invite Morkel, most generous indeed !!

I'm rostered to work till 8pm that night, so if we do make the GF, i'll be taking a sickie ..... if we don't, i'll head into the drome :argh:

Unfortunately i have to transfer myself to the maybe column.

Work are stuffing around with our rosters in a bid to save themselves money (although they are giving us other reasons) by taking money from our pockets ...

Since I'm not sure what my roster will be for that day now, i can't make any commitments, but if i can make it i would love to come.

Maybe I will........

maybe I won't.

I'll arrive incognito....possibly. :spy:

If the quiet bloke in the corner, later starts swinging off the chandeliers after the game is finished and then crashes on the floor at the end of the night in his own spew......

That's not me.

it's someone else.

Much to my wife's dismay, we have no chandelier.

Bumping this now that we know it's an all Qld GF.

If you can't make it to the real thing, at least come to the next best thing. Afternoon BBQ overlooking acreage. No neighbors to complain about the noise. 60 inch TV perched in front of some of the comfiest seats ever to hold a portly arse (6 of which are recliners so get in quick). Put some faces to some names, enjoy a few drinks together, watch the game uninterrupted.

The guys who came last time all survived intact too. Except some guy named Lamce. He was never seen again, but we narrowed it down to UFOs so no biggie.

Bumping this now that we know it's an all Qld GF.

If you can't make it to the real thing, at least come to the next best thing. Afternoon BBQ overlooking acreage. No neighbors to complain about the noise. 60 inch TV perched in front of some of the comfiest seats ever to hold a portly arse (6 of which are recliners so get in quick). Put some faces to some names, enjoy a few drinks together, watch the game uninterrupted.

The guys who came last time all survived intact too. Except some guy named Lamce. He was never seen again, but we narrowed it down to UFOs so no biggie.

Sounds good.

What time were you planning to kick things off? Just for the NRL or also state championships (Jets v Newcastle)?

I was going to do the BBQ before the actual game, so the GF is interruption-free (save for a few trips to the esky and the little Broncos room). So I'd probably kick it off around 3:00 and do the BBQ at 5.

Next time you do one, I will come.

However I have family and buddies all going to Leagues Club, so I will be going there. Hope you guys have fun!

My roster change has come through and work was kind enough not to put me on the line working on the GF day.

So, I'll be there. It will be good to put some faces to the names.

**** yeah! Moar people.

I'll post up my plans this evening.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.