Grand Final Day

Wouldn’t have gotten within 10 yards of the Fox!!!!

maybe, maybe not ... but he was denied the chance.

if that had happened to us, you along with the rest of the Broncos community would have been scream blue bloody murder at the top of your lungs ... even if the player attempting to chase down Addo-Carr was Jack Reed

I really despise Cecchin. And that he complained about the NSW Police joke thing is the cherry on the top of that hate. He couldn't even crack a grin when the referees were booed when announced to collect their medallion.

Last edited:
maybe, maybe not ... but he was denied the chance.

if that had happened to us, you along with the rest of the Broncos community would have been scream blue bloody murder at the top of your lungs ... even if the player attempting to chase down Addo-Carr was Jack Reed
I didn't have too much of a problem with that one, even if I think TeMaire had the angle to take him... it's the rule that only when the player carrying the ball or the ball itself touches a ref, does it warrant a stoppage.

The second Storm try (I think), when Smith does that blatant shepherd around Finucane (or McLane) leading up to it, is what I couldn't wrap my head around. It was clear as day!

Worse performed than the Cowboys?

I honestly do not understand your point. I never claimed the Broncos did better than the Cowboys, in fact I never even mentioned the Broncos.
My point is that you're giving zero credit to the Cowboys by mentioning they were "flattered" by other teams, who respectively finished 2nd, 4th and 5th in the competition, 2 of which beat the Broncos relatively easily.
To me, you're making it sound like they had weak competition to reach the Grand Final, just to demean them out of spite, not out of any objective reasoning.

You're supposedly a Broncos fan, and you're posting in the Broncos forum about the NRL Grand Final, which is a competition where the Broncos compete, so I just wanted to see how you compared the Broncos (coached by the best coach in the galaxy and burbs) to the Cowboys. Valid question, no?

My point is that you're giving zero credit to the Cowboys by mentioning they were "flattered" by other teams, who respectively finished 2nd, 4th and 5th in the competition, 2 of which beat the Broncos relatively easily.
To me, you're making it sound like they had weak competition to reach the Grand Final, just to demean them out of spite, not out of any objective reasoning.

You're supposedly a Broncos fan, and you're posting in the Broncos forum about the NRL Grand Final, which is a competition where the Broncos compete, so I just wanted to see how you compared the Broncos (coached by the best coach in the galaxy and burbs) to the Cowboys. Valid question, no?

I do think they had weak competition. I think they played decent teams that beat themselves. This has nothing to do with the Broncos who I think massively underachieved and performed poorly this year. There is no way you thought I was talking about the Broncos because I wrote this in the ‘Grand Final Day’ thread.

Just because the team I support didn’t do great doesn’t remove my right or invalidate my opinion on other teams.

I didn't have too much of a problem with that one, even if I think TeMaire had the angle to take him... it's the rule that only when the player carrying the ball or the ball itself touches a ref, does it warrant a stoppage.

The second Storm try (I think), when Smith does that blatant shepherd around Finucane (or McLane) leading up to it, is what I couldn't wrap my head around. It was clear as day!

My issue is more with the rule than the ruling. they made the correct call as per the rule book, but i think they need to expand the rule to include when defenders are impeded by officials, especially since impeding a defender can have just as much impact on the result (maybe even more so) than impeding attackers

The three teams they beat all turned in their worst performance for months v the cowboys which is why they were made to look better than they actually are.

Remember the game before they went on their 3 game streak? They played us at home and got their ass handed to them (despite the 10-2 penalty count in their favour)

The three teams they beat all turned in their worst performance for months v the cowboys which is why they were made to look better than they actually are.

Remember the game before they went on their 3 game streak? They played us at home and got their ass handed to them.

The Cowboys played really well for those three finals games. Deserved to be in the GF. The Storm would have spanked any team in the GF. They were clearly the best team this season.

My issue is more with the rule than the ruling. they made the correct call as per the rule book, but i think they need to expand the rule to include when defenders are impeded by officials, especially since impeding a defender can have just as much impact on the result (maybe even more so) than impeding attackers
No thanks. It's just another rule that players could take advantage of the refs would rule on it randomly.

I do think they had weak competition. I think they played decent teams that beat themselves. This has nothing to do with the Broncos who I think massively underachieved and performed poorly this year. There is no way you thought I was talking about the Broncos because I wrote this in the ‘Grand Final Day’ thread.

Just because the team I support didn’t do great doesn’t remove my right or invalidate my opinion on other teams.
I'm not arguing your right to an opinion, and I'm glad you're discussing footy as opposed to other posters.
That said, while it doesn't invalidate it, it definitely colours your opinion.

Suddenly, teams that have been pretty strong for most of the season, decide to beat themselves on the most important game of the season, all 3 of them? Could the Cowboys have had something to do with it?

Remember the game before they went on their 3 game streak? They played us at home and got their ass handed to them (despite the 10-2 penalty count in their favour)
Previous results say little to me. I mean, the Storm lost at home to the Tits this season!
The Cows got better after the game against us, as a team they rallied and gave their best, which was good enough against the other teams, even if there may have been some under estimating from their part...
The team that other teams actually show up against?
Oh please, that is the default excuse for every single supporter from any team... "they always turn up against us".

Worse performed than the Cowboys?

I honestly do not understand your point. I never claimed the Broncos did better than the Cowboys, in fact I never even mentioned the Broncos.
Any time you criticise another team be ready to be criticised. Of course, we can be highly critical of our own team and bag them out at every opportunity. But make out the storm, cowboys or the titans played crap or get away with things we don't and you are branded as arrogant/sore loser or "what does that make the broncos".... I don't get it tbh. I came on a broncos forum to vent about other teams/nrl from a broncos point of view and to discuss points of view without having to worry about other teams fans getting offended or bagging out the broncos. It actually happens more here then on other forums lol

Oh please, that is the default excuse for every single supporter from any team... "they always turn up against us".
No, I literally mean they turned up against us and absolutely didn't against the Cowboys. Not always, just in the examples you're using. We beat the sharks, so you're cherry picking something they did a year ago to make it seem like they were good in this years final series. The Eels were a completely different team against us and the Roosters were shit and we didn't turn up either. So yes, the Cowboys absolutely had an easy finals run. Did you watch the games?

And also, last time we played the Cowboys we beat them. So what does that say about them? It's like a weird circle that explains absolutely nothing

Any time you criticise another team be ready to be criticised. Of course, we can be highly critical of our own team and bag them out at every opportunity. But make out the storm, cowboys or the titans played crap or get away with things we don't and you are branded as arrogant/sore loser or "what does that make the broncos".... I don't get it tbh. I came on a broncos forum to vent about other teams/nrl from a broncos point of view and to discuss points of view without having to worry about other teams fans getting offended or bagging out the broncos. It actually happens more here then on other forums lol
You've just come at a bad time, mate. Usually we're much better than thi.. hahahaha no we're not.

Anyone made mention of the as usual conveniently well-timed HIA and return of Tim Glasby?

Active Now

• Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.