Grand Final Party at Chateau le' Morkel

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm almost certainly going to have a couple of friends and family over, so once again I'm going to open the doors of Chateau le' Morkel to all of BHQ.

The property has become unconditional, so it's sold and we're moving out in just over a month, so what better way to say goodbye to the house we built than to trash the place in celebration. Not really, of course, but it will be a fitting send-off.

We've had a few of these at different people's places before, and of course everyone is a stranger until they're not. So, yes, this is a genuine invitation to this exceptional group of people.

We're not at the most convenient location, we're out near Jimboomba which is about 40 - 50 minutes south of Brisbane, but we're on 6 acres out here, more than enough space to enjoy ourselves, and more than enough land to quietly deal with anyone looking for trouble, assuming I can get the chainsaw working this time...

PM me if you're interested, it'll be the next best thing to watching it live. If it looks like enough people are interested we'll work out the details, but if we're talking a 6:30pm kickoff we'll probably get everyone to arrive between 4pm and 5pm for a 5:30pm early BBQ so we're all well fed before the game starts. I'll have some random booze floating around for an emergency, but I'd suggest BYO alcohol, I should be good to supply all the food and non-alcoholic drinks.

I’ll be up the coast but even if I wasn’t there is no way on gods green earth my other half would come watch the game with a bunch of internet strangers lol.

Have fun tho 😂😂

work the sunday night unfortunatly or id be tempted to make the trek

It's a nice place asides from the mysterious forbidden shed. I'd be there but I will be at the game by hook or crook.

It's a nice place asides from the mysterious forbidden shed. I'd be there but I will be at the game by hook or crook.

Shed? More like a steel grate, that allows the meat to sluce through.

And remember, Monday is a public holiday. God bless the... King?

I'll be settling in early with a few mates at home and watching the coverage all day long and will be in no fit state to be going anywhere by the time kickoff rolls around.

Great gesture, what a legend!

We save him, not bless him. I think?

Oh yeah. I don't know what trouble he keeps getting in to, but it must be noteworthy if we keep asking God to save his arse.

Morkel is a great host and had a great time at the 2015 party ... so I'd highly recommend heading there.

unfortunately this time I'll have to pass. I'm heading to Sydney for the GF.

G’day, Mick Taylor’s the name…… lol

Used to do a fair bit of pest control around Jimboomba. Know it well being from Forest Lake.

My two Golden Retrievers (now one and old) were born in Logan Village.

Maybe next time…..

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.