Great Hodges moments at Suncorp

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I want to do a little video of some great Hodges highlights at Suncorp for his final game there.. And I'm having trouble deciding which ones to use.

I thought I would post this thread and people can share their thoughts.

I also want to hear about any sledging people may remember.. I plan on using that as part of a slow build up..

Keep in mind, I've only got footage of 2008-2015 (Well, good quality footage) so anything before that, I can't use.

Last edited:
That makes the classic "He's number one, you're number two" too old, what a shame.

Hodges giving the ref stick against Canberra in Round 21, 2008.

Got suspended for two games :laugh:

Hodgo milking a penalty and then laughing at the opposition tacklers. So... like every game between 2007 & 2012 (not 2010 though).

That makes the classic "He's number one, you're number two" too old, what a shame.

I've got the Origin games on DVD.. So I can use those.

I meant Broncos games when I said good quality footage from 2008-2015. Probably should have said that.

@Super Freak - I reckon we can deal with shitty footage of this moment.

Suppose I could use multi video for the footage pre-2008 to try and make it less noticeable..

I'll see what I can do.

Everytime I think I've got something 2008 on, I'm reminded it happened elsewhere.

"What about the time he scored the match-winner against the Titans?"

Skilled Park.

"The Bush Footy pass?"

Skilled Park

"Didn't one of them happen at Suncorp?"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure people really needed to be reminded of that play. Really digging deep there...

"80m intercept try"

Does Origin even count?

"4 tries v Penrith"

Broncos website did it. Also 2007...

etc. etc.

Now I'm going to dig through my archives so I can give you some useful info SF. Off the top of my head though, I'd love a clip of Hodges and Yow Yeh tackling somebody in-goal, specifically if Hodges is there pointing towards the defender.

It was plays like that really turned the season around for Brisbane.

The first time he did that pass out the back to the blind side from dummy-half whilst facing the goal posts.

Was that at Suncorp?

The first time he did that pass out the back to the blind side from dummy-half whilst facing the goal posts.

Was that at Suncorp?

The second was at Suncorp, round 10 last year vs the Titans, but the first was somewhere else I think.

There was a game against the Cows where he literally dragged our sorry arses to a win. Scored a try from dummy half from 10 out, went through about 4 defenders. Maybe 2013? Not sure where...

There was a game against the Cows where he literally dragged our sorry arses to a win. Scored a try from dummy half from 10 out, went through about 4 defenders. Maybe 2013? Not sure where...

2013 in Townsville.

It's kind of frustrating.. A lot of his best stuff happened elsewhere. And a lot of it was while he was at the Roosters.

Is the hat-trick against Cronulla in 2011 worth putting in?

Bumping this thread after watching Queenslanders Only just now and they were talking about best blow-ups on the field.
Thaiday nominated Hodgo telling one of the younger (unnamed) players to "get off my field"! One guess who that might have been.
FWIW, Hodgo nominated his "F you" gesture at the ref which got him suspended.

I think it was Maranta, but he did have a couple of wingers that he blew up at.

This video seemed like a good idea at the time.. But without the 05-07 highlights, it just wasn't worth it.

Never gets old... :porthozthinksthisishot:

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.