C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
First I was like

origin13-600x400.jpg

And then I was l ike

149551-origin.jpg

Is it just me or did it look like Bird stuck his leg out to trip Myles when he scored?

Not just you - I noticed it while I was watching a bit of the replay before work this morning.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I also thought either Bird or Gallen pulled someones hair around the 38-39 min mark of the game

Bird's face the whole game was lulz. When he knocked that ball on off a tap was hilarious. He really needs to do a pgp* to get that look off his face, it looks uncomfortable.

*pre-game poo

OXY-351 said:
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I also thought either Bird or Gallen pulled someones hair around the 38-39 min mark of the game

I think it was on Shillington. WTF is wrong with them if they feel the need to do that???

Je$ter said:
Bird's face the whole game was lulz. When he knocked that ball on off a tap was hilarious. He really needs to do a pgp* to get that look off his face, it looks uncomfortable.

*pre-game poo

I just sprayed coffee on the desk! That's LOOOOOOOOOLZ!

gallen or bird definitely tried to trip miles, i saw it too.

They were certainly out to hurt us, lawfully or not.

I didn't know you could fend off a player with a closed fist ?? :roll:

179798-origin.jpg

Lockyer's halves partner, Jonathan Thurston, said the Maroons had been spurred on by wild Blues celebrations when lock Greg Bird scored to give them a lead for the first time with 10 minutes remaining.

''I had a look up and I saw them walking back all jumping around yahooing and carrying on like they had it wrapped up,'' Thurston said. ''Ten minutes is a long time in Origin. I knew if we controlled the ball a bit and got down their end we'd be a threat and we ended up wrapping it up.''

Nothing better than to take away a win from them, hurts them that much more!

jarro65 said:
They were certainly out to hurt us, lawfully or not.

I didn't know you could fend off a player with a closed fist ?? :roll:

179798-origin.jpg

It's not a closed fist. Thurston bit his fingers off.

And yes QUEENSLANDER, I had a similar LOLZ moment. I think that loss could actually hurt them more than if they'd just got flogged again. They were ON TOP for a good 40 minutes of that game - the 10 leading to half time and the 30 after. They got in front. They had opportunities to win the game handsomely (LOLZMOUGH AND HAHAHAHAYNE butchered them!). They had a swarm of penalties and good fortune from the officials...and...

THEY STILL LOST!

**** Bird's an ugly character. Maybe he'd look better if someone smashed a glass in his eye?

yeah im struggling to see how LOSING that match can make them think theyre great and we're not unbeatable.

- they had 6 straight penalties, nearly every single one of them was when they were in their own half, allowing them to get to our 30-40m with 6 tackles to go.
- in the second half we didnt get into their 40m zone until the 33rd minute, through a lack of woeful kicking options, stupid knock-ons, and penalties.
- NSW had all the possession, and all right on our line.
- the referees basically gave them free reign to do as many high shots, shephards and elbows/knees in tackles as they wanted. also a few half a metre forward passes had a blind eye turned to them.

all that and they STILL lost. how does LOSING to us show that we're not unbeatable? how does getting beaten in a match where you had ALL the field position and possession and the referee on your side (although im sure theyll come out whinging saying we got all the dubious calls lolzipop) show that we're not unbeatable? shouldnt you have to beat someone to show theyre not unbeatable?

Returning Greg Bird said the players spoke about the future as they gathered in a huddle after the full-time siren.

''There were a lot of blokes that were saying a lot of things,'' Bird said. ''There were a lot of young blokes in that team and I think quite a few of them were disappointed by the result, and a few blokes just stood up and said, 'don't be disappointed, we were all over them all game'.

Get ya hand off it Greg! Where were you in the first half?? Idiot

and if you cant win when youre 'all over them all game', is it really that great of an achievement?

I seriously think they're all delusional.

And I'm with you AP - I cracked up when I read the 'we showed they're not unbeatable' quote. I too would have thought you had to beat someone to show they're not unbeatable.

I think they are delusional. I think they're trying to do their best to give themselves whatever psychological advantage they can conjure for next year. Just like they did with the "we bashed ya in game 3 2009" shit.

It's going to be so hard for them. Next year game 1 is at Suncorp Stadium. Lose that one and suddenly they're staring down a 6-pack in sudden death mode. You watch all their doubts and insecurities flood back then, just like they did this year with their diabolical preparation for game 2.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • kiwibronco
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Bish
  • Tristan1990
  • IceWorks
  • Rowdy124
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.