Half a report

Maybe Dearden is just another instinctive 5/8th type, like Ben Hunt.

He's being far from instinctive at the moment. He's been institutionalised.

@1910

Is Scarlett worth looking at again? He's only 24 (25) and has a number of seasons in QCup under his belt. Something none our past halves since before Bennett-v2 have had.

I doubt that but he is playing well.

How did boyd go mate ?

Easts had the game won by the 50th minute mark at 28-4, Souths scored a few tries when the intensity was out of the contest.

T. Boyd

32 Touches (Hamilton 44)
20 Passes (1 Offload)
1 Try Assist (Hamilton 2)
11 Runs, 100m
6 Kicks (Hamilton 6)
13 Tackles (1 Missed)

https://www.qrl.com.au/draw/intrust-super-cup/2019/round-7/tigers-v-magpies/

Good numbers, but probably not a fair reflection on the contest.

You can see those numbers (as well as Niu, Mago, Tagataese, Fai's) in the Player Stats category.

Of all the Broncos halves prospects, Boyd is the type fans on here have been calling out for.

Last edited:
Easts had the game won by the 50th minute mark at 28-4, Souths scored a few tries when the intensity was out of the contest.

T. Boyd

32 Touches (Hamilton 44)
20 Passes (1 Offload)
1 Try Assist (Hamilton 2)
11 Runs, 100m
6 Kicks (Hamilton 6)
13 Tackles (1 Missed)

https://www.qrl.com.au/draw/intrust-super-cup/2019/round-7/tigers-v-magpies/

Good numbers, but probably not a fair reflection on the contest.

You can see those numbers (as well as Niu, Mago, Tagataese, Fai's) in the Player Stats category.

Of all the Broncos halves prospects, Boyd is the type fans on here have been calling out for.

Yeah I thought so to but seems they like dearden more.

How did boyd go mate ?

I commented on Boyd above- I liked his enthusiasm, Terrific kick for Port try and he just got amongst it but a fraction of that would be Souths being down and nothing to lose. He started to have a real crack then and trying things.

Body language and enthusiasm/confidence was better than Dearden last night.

He's being far from instinctive at the moment. He's been institutionalised.

Dearden imo is more Thurston than Cronk in the way he plays. Sometime i think there is too much of a push for some of these young blokes to get a start when they need some time playing in ISC.

Dearden imo is more Thurston than Cronk in the way he plays. Sometime i think there is too much of a push for some of these young blokes to get a start when they need some time playing in ISC.

I don’t find him too much like anyone. I don’t think he has too much of a playing identity yet. That’s what I want to see.

I don’t find him too much like anyone. I don’t think he has too much of a playing identity yet. That’s what I want to see.

I see a fair bit of Thurston in him tbh. He competes for everything. I agree about his identity though, its like he doesnt know what type of player he wants to be at times.

Is that more him just trying to fit into the side being a young bloke and following the rules? Hope he isn't getting pigeon-holed already.

Is that more him just trying to fit into the side being a young bloke and following the rules? Hope he isn't getting pigeon-holed already.

Yeah that’s part of it, tough gig in a new team in a key position coming in on Friday.

I think if he was at Tweed still or playing centre you’d see a different outcome in confidence level.

I see a fair bit of Thurston in him tbh. He competes for everything. I agree about his identity though, its like he doesnt know what type of player he wants to be at times.

I haven’t seen that competing at all in his ISC games, I’ve watched all four.

I’d like to see him going on the left and right, mixing up the kicks, Combining with Gebbie- best attacking weapon in the comp and one half never goes near him.

Again difficult order but I’d like to start seeing it.

I'm getting jealous watching the talent on display from the 1,6 and 7 from the Roosters and the 6,7 and 9 from the Storm.

I haven’t seen that competing at all in his ISC games, I’ve watched all four.

I’d like to see him going on the left and right, mixing up the kicks, Combining with Gebbie- best attacking weapon in the comp and one half never goes near him.

Again difficult order but I’d like to start seeing it.

I feel he does it personally in the games i've seen him this year, probably not quite to the extent JT did it, but i certainly see it in him. I dont expect an 18 year old to be on it all the time, but if he wants to force his way into the Broncos side at our halfback he needs to assert himself more. Dont know much about his personality, be interesting to know if he is confident enough to do it.

O'Sullivan good off-load for Norths' first try, strong as last week. Wouldn't have missed too many tackles at all and got Norths in position.

Took advantage of his forwards having all the running. Just get them round the field, he is starting to really form a strong partnership with Ahearn and Dargan.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.