Half a report

Nicholls and Murphy remind of of a player like Luke Capwell. Very good Queensland cup players, but just not quite good enough for the NRL.

I see more Brad Davies in Nicholls. Murphy and Capewell were alike, but I don't think it's a knock. Capewell should have had a better run in the NRL, he just didn't make the best career decisions in hindsight and suffered the same problems Tyrone Peachey is suffering from.

I liked what I saw of Nicholls when he was with us, but with Hunt and Milford entrenched in the side, he wasn’t a legitimate option. Unfortunately his few games for the Dragons were pretty horrendous so I don’t see him getting any further shots in first grade

Yeah he only played the one game during the Origin season. It was one of the stranger games of the season. Despite having 50 put on them, there were some great patches from the Dragons.

I see Nicholls as a victim of the system. In other competitions where players trade clubs all the time, Nicholls would probably have at least 30-40 games under his belt by this point and may even be a starting halfback somewhere.

I see more Brad Davies in Nicholls. Murphy and Capewell were alike, but I don't think it's a knock. Capewell should have had a better run in the NRL, he just didn't make the best career decisions in hindsight and suffered the same problems Tyrone Peachey is suffering from.

I was more thinking of probably being a bit too good for QLD cup but not quite cut out for the NRL rather than playing style.

Yeah he only played the one game during the Origin season. It was one of the stranger games of the season. Despite having 50 put on them, there were some great patches from the Dragons.

I see Nicholls as a victim of the system. In other competitions where players trade clubs all the time, Nicholls would probably have at least 30-40 games under his belt by this point and may even be a starting halfback somewhere.

Huh it was only the one. He copped an absolute thrashing from Dragons fans that seemed like it spanned more than one game.

Yeah there’s plenty of times a 3rd-string player could secure a trade or loan to a team that needs an injury replacement at least

I was more thinking of probably being a bit too good for QLD cup but not quite cut out for the NRL rather than playing style.

So in other words, a depth player? The reason I made the distinction is because I think there's two kinds of depth players. There's players like Brad Davies who fill one role and they typically live up to their expectation. Then there's players like Capewell who are so versatile they're played out of position and fans struggle to understand where the reputation is coming from. What happened with Luke wasn't fair on the Broncos, nor was it fair on him. He was either a 6 or he didn't play at all.

Depth players don't get the respect they deserve in the game. Whenever I see somebody described as a depth player, it's used as an insult when in reality those players are as vital to a club's campaign as anybody else.

You just described how our entire team looked against Souths.

It would distress me greatly if we aren't keeping a close eye on Harry Grant. Surely he'd be open to an offer from a club who can give him a clearer path to the NRL?

The main concern with Dearden being brought into first grade was his defence.

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to his defence, but I have to say I have not been concerned about him defensively in the time he has been in FG.

I think he's been quite solid for a bloke his size considering the type of forwards that have been running at him.

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to his defence, but I have to say I have not been concerned about him defensively in the time he has been in FG.

I think he's been quite solid for a bloke his size considering the type of forwards that have been running at him.

Dearden's in the for the long haul. I have no reservations about him. Not yet, anyway.

I didn't have any concern about his defence that's the thing I praised through his ISC games.

O'Sullivan strong tonight, good try in the middle of the field, Mackay were too spread at A and B and he just dummied and ran over. Nice dummy.

Norths too good.

O'Sullivan strong tonight, good try in the middle of the field, Mackay were too spread at A and B and he just dummied and ran over. Nice dummy.

Norths too good.

Who?

Boyd named again for Souths Colts and off to Toowoomba this weekend. Something stinks at Souths this year.

Very unhappy looking team.

Came home and uploaded Norths v Dolphins to see O'Sullivan given Dearden's injury- good pass for Frei's first try nice little fade across the field.

Frei scoring three tries on his side is a good sign but he only really had a hand in two of them.

He is definitely getting them around the field more now. Ahearn is less of a voice out there. He's a patient voice now too.

If he plays I am much more confident he can than any other time in the last 12 weeks.

Last edited:
Big opportunity for SOS. Heard he was disappointed when deardon got the nod ahead of him.

Should be interesting because i havent seen much of SOS.

Half time half report from Cairns.

O'Sullivan scored in the first three minutes but it wasn't anything special, just fell on a dummy half kick that bounced all over the place. At least he was chasing.

One really nice kick from about 45 out that had the Pride trapped in the right corner and got a repeat set.

Bad really bad miss for Pride's first try Blair dragged him the 10m but he made really soft contact. Should have got some help because he hung on.

Great pass for Frei's try, on the right. drifted at 45 degrees and created space outside him for Frei.

But half time and not injured.

Dargan scored a great fantastic running try, Pride had nothing to do with him and he just stepped and jinked through. O'Sullivan was pushing up with him the whole way seems odd for a Bronco.

Dargan went short and great cut out ball for Herbie to score his second.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Rough and Ready
  • Scorchie
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.