Half a report

2/3 back. We dare dream of both being picked and turps going to hooker but I hope at least one does and Boyd gets out of the halves!

Seasons almost done, will probably stick with the squad we currently have ☹️.

How much fullback has Farnworth played?

This might sound weird but I kind of say who cares. And I say who cares in the sense that this kid did not look out of place in first grade at all and is NRL ready. He is the one of those guys you should just make space for. He would be a gun anywhere in the backline, just give himan extended shot. Worst case scenario, he can't be worse than Boyd or Shibasaki.

How is Herbie behind Shibasaki in the pecking order? He should be in on his name alone.

He should be in front on Coates too. Seems to me like we put all our chips on Coates and didn’t leave enough room to re-sign Herbie so we aren’t giving him NRL games.

He should be in front on Coates too. Seems to me like we put all our chips on Coates and didn’t leave enough room to re-sign Herbie so we aren’t giving him NRL games.

Which could work out for us long-term. He doesn’t play first grade, he remains kinda hidden and we won’t get drawn into a signing battle like we did with Turps. Could go the other way of course and he’ll leave for a first grade spot on more $$. Hopefully Seibs makes the right call on this one

This might sound weird but I kind of say who cares. And I say who cares in the sense that this kid did not look out of place in first grade at all and is NRL ready. He is the one of those guys you should just make space for. He would be a gun anywhere in the backline, just give himan extended shot. Worst case scenario, he can't be worse than Boyd or Shibasaki.
Well I wouldn't want to give him a run at fullback in first grade if he's not up for it. Being thrown in the deep end like that can **** with a young bloke's confidence and mess up their development. And next year big Bird should be back so the only backline spots that look open are right wing and fullback, although we could always put Bird at fullback and the love bug at left centre.

How much fullback has Farnworth played?

None at ISC. Named at centre a handful of times but always plays wing.
[automerge]1565477746[/automerge]
Paix back for Redcliffe too, on the bench.

Watching it now, he came on for 30 minutes off the bench, Redcliffe are running riot and he has an impact straight away, nice try set up and line break.

But Easts are shot.

Last edited:

Herbie signed until end of 2020. He's improved dramatically this year, his physical presence on the field. I have said a lot of times, his strength is his positioning and adaptability. He moves to different sides, moves in to position well and moves in the tackle well. Last season it was disrupted a bit with two broken hands but he showed his toughness and then this year he is showing his football sense.

Last night, he came across to pass to the other centre then trots back over to his side like no big deal but it created extra men on that side, he had good vision. His second try he stays out when he has to and just waits for the Dargan pass to find him.

Smith has done an excellent job with him and the Devils in general. I would not be surprised if Smith has a job at the Broncos soon.

Herbie signed until end of 2020. He's improved dramatically this year, his physical presence on the field. I have said a lot of times, his strength is his positioning and adaptability. He moves to different sides, moves in to position well and moves in the tackle well. Last season it was disrupted a bit with two broken hands but he showed his toughness and then this year he is showing his football sense.

Last night, he came across to pass to the other centre then trots back over to his side like no big deal but it created extra men on that side, he had good vision. His second try he stays out when he has to and just waits for the Dargan pass to find him.

Smith has done an excellent job with him and the Devils in general. I would not be surprised if Smith has a job at the Broncos soon.
Which one of Herb or Farns would be more adaptable to FB and center?

Sorry was meant to write Shiba

Herbie by a mile out of those two but I wouldn't move him. His strength isn't anything you want at fullback. No kicking game and no passing game. He's turning into a great winger.

Last edited:
really feel its time for Perese to be given a shot at centre....at least for 1 game this year....give us some idea how close or far away he is from pushing for a first team run-on spot...

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.