Hayden Retires

He came in several times during the 90s and struggled, and selectors were pretty ruthless on him. That is until a man named SR Waugh was captain and basically insisted Hayden had to be there and had to be given an opportunity to show his class.

Rest is history.

I have a strong dislike for Ricky Ponting as a captain, but his similar attitude re: Mitchell Johnson, when everyone was jizzing over Shaun Tait, is similar and has been repaid.

I dunno, if you're not 30, how can you have been proven in Test cricket?.....

Coxy said:
He came in several times during the 90s and struggled, and selectors were pretty ruthless on him. That is until a man named SR Waugh was captain and basically insisted Hayden had to be there and had to be given an opportunity to show his class.

Rest is history.

I have a strong dislike for Ricky Ponting as a captain, but his similar attitude re: Mitchell Johnson, when everyone was jizzing over Shaun Tait, is similar and has been repaid.

same situation with symonds and ponting!

Hammo said:
I dunno, if you're not 30, how can you have been proven in Test cricket?.....

Fair question for an Australian.

However, Johnson carried the attack this year, including a completely impotent Brett Lee, so I think he's proven his value. He still has to continue to perform to avoid being dropped, as only under-30s get dropped for a string of poor form (eg Michael Clarke a few years back).

Yup. If you are 30, stuff form, they know you can play. I mean, name a single GREAT Australian player who played Tests before he was 30...oh wait [eusa_doh

Unread

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.