Hear me out..

I said what I said and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

But seriously, it is an interesting discussion point because I am not sure how many would legit be ahead of him and sigh, I need to highlight this point: BASED ON THIS SEASON.

1. Api
2. Grant
3. Robson
4. Egan
5. Walters

I don't think some of those guys above are better than him this year anyway. So at worst, he is an arguable top 5 hooker this year.

Wtf is this list.

Even if we're confining it to form exclusively from this season I'd have Grant, Cook, Egan, B.Brailey, Robson, Koroisau, Crossland, Marshall-King & L.Croker all pretty comfortably ahead of Walters.

Panthers are most likely about to get to their 4th GF in a row. Do players look to go there because of their success? I don't think so. Reality is that we won't be able to afford to poach players from other teams because of the money tied up in the existing squad.

What we need, and should have, is our own production line just like Penrith. Young guys continuing to be blooded as others move, retire or get injured.
Players would be hesitant in going to Penrith because alot of their key spots are tied up.
We have a 7 jersey becoming available in the next few years and I'm sure guys who play that position would be asking their managers if the Broncos are interested in me when the time comes. Only have to look at Jock Madden who had the choice between us and Penrith, he wasn't getting Cleary's jumper anytime soon but could see a path after Reynolds.
Would be a different story if it was a Fullback no-one will want to be asking to come here because Reece has that spot.

I'm still looking at Lachlan Lam for when the time comes.

Sam Walker for my mine. The Roosters almost chew him up and spat him out, but he's very young and I reckon he'll start to show form in about 2 years time. I just don't know if they'll have the patience for that. You'd hope Kev and DD would be trying to mend fences with his uncle's, because it would be a glorious passing of the baton for Reynolds to retire and Walker to take over.

Panthers are most likely about to get to their 4th GF in a row. Do players look to go there because of their success? I don't think so. Reality is that we won't be able to afford to poach players from other teams because of the money tied up in the existing squad.

What we need, and should have, is our own production line just like Penrith. Young guys continuing to be blooded as others move, retire or get injured.
We do but 7s are different, If Penrith didn't luck out on Cleary they would have had to look elsewhere.

Look at our team, the vast majority are our juniors, infact of our strongest 13, only Arthars, Reyno, Walters and Capewell are not a Bronco junior.

We do but 7s are different, If Penrith didn't luck out on Cleary they would have had to look elsewhere.

Look at our team, the vast majority are our juniors, infact of our strongest 13, only Arthars, Reyno, Walters and Capewell are not a Bronco junior.
Pretty sure Capewell was in our 20s system and Billy is basically a Broncos junior coming from the Walters family he would of grown up at Red Hill.

Is there anything worse than fans of a team that have won only one trophy that start talking about how they’re a dynasty? Maybe only fans of a team that have won sfa

🤡

Wtf is this list.

Even if we're confining it to form exclusively from this season I'd have Grant, Cook, Egan, B.Brailey, Robson, Koroisau, Crossland, Marshall-King & L.Croker all pretty comfortably ahead of Walters.
Crossland has been decent lately but diabolical early in the season.

Outside that I think it's about right though not comfortably ahead on all of them.

Jesus I actually feel sick in the stomach with how much this brought back memories of us all talking about how we have QLDs half pairing for the next decade back in 2015

We don't talk about 2015.

Based purely on this year:

1. Walsh (top 3)
3. Staggs (top 5)
4. Farnworth (top 3)
5. Cobbo (top 3-5)
6. Mam (top 10)
7. Reynolds (top 3)
8. Flegler (top 10)
9. Walters (top 5)
10. Haas (top 3)
11. Capewell (top 10)
12. Riki (top 10)
13. Carrigan (top 3)

Bench (top 3)
Most of these are underrated - Mam insultingly - with the glaring exception of Farnworth and Walters.

Players are a little more mercenary like than they were a decade or two ago - so this is the nugget of truth. The sad thing for us is that we had both the allure of bringing in established players wanting to play for us AND an amazing junior system.

Wot you talking about, potentially? Pat is already the greatest player to ever strap on a boot. It's an objective fact accepted by all rugby league fans.

Give us a list, Sproj - do you think anyone else outside these three and Reynolds are top three? Top five? Top ten?
On his best day i think staggs is a firm top5 centre, herbie can be argued as a top 10, on form Billy Walters has been a top 10 hooker this season, same goes with mamm, flegler has been a top 10 Prop.. and riki for 2nd row.. cobbo..

I think the team is pretty stacked but the vast majority of them still have their best footy ahead of them.. keeping everyone isn't realistic but if they keep the majority of this squad it's going to be one of the best rosters for 5+ years minimum

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.