Herbie Farnworth dropped from England squad

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Well there you go, that proves that Shaun Wane is a complete and utter flog.

If you were one of the imbeciles on here talking him up to Coach the Broncos last year then you should probably see yourself out at this point.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
As much as I like Herbie, I don't think I'd judge him based on running meters.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
As much as I like Herbie, I don't think I'd judge him based on running meters.
I thought he was great recently. His defensive choices have improved dramatically, which is no trivial feat considering he’s between Oates and Milford. .

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I thought he was great recently. His defensive choices have improved dramatically, which is no trivial feat considering he’s between Oates and Milford. .
Even though he is the junior of the three I'm sure 'Tommy Shelby' will be coaching Milf and Oates on where to stand and when to come in and when to stay out.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I’d really like the England coach to be grilled on this decision, it just feels like he was made to do it by someone else, I’d like to know who that someone else was.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

He is a massive learner and improver. Couldn't get a better student.

Herbie signed until end of 2020. He's improved dramatically this year, his physical presence on the field. I have said a lot of times, his strength is his positioning and adaptability. He moves to different sides, moves in to position well and moves in the tackle well. Last season it was disrupted a bit with two broken hands but he showed his toughness and then this year he is showing his football sense.

Last night, he came across to pass to the other centre then trots back over to his side like no big deal but it created extra men on that side, he had good vision. His second try he stays out when he has to and just waits for the Dargan pass to find him.

Smith has done an excellent job with him and the Devils in general. I would not be surprised if Smith has a job at the Broncos soon.

His improvement from 18-19 and 19 to now he just keeps getting better.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I thought Farnworth was ordinary as hell when he first made his debut. He's made a massive leap post-COVID, one of the few Broncos to improve since then.
Maybe if we have another outbreak, he can get even better?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I thought Farnworth was ordinary as hell when he first made his debut. He's made a massive leap post-COVID, one of the few Broncos to improve since then.
Maybe if we have another outbreak, he can get even better?
Some players fly right off the bat and others develop later, I thought Corey Parker was pretty ordinary early on, so happy to be proven wrong.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
He is a massive learner and improver. Couldn't get a better student.

His improvement from 18-19 and 19 to now he just keeps getting better.

Have you heard any talk about Herbie going fullback?

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Financeguy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Mustafur
  • mitch222
  • Kev_Guz
  • Galah
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • bb_gun
  • mystico
  • Thelmus
  • ell.d33
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.