NEWS Hopoate seeks redemption with Broncos

I mean he certainly has more of an opportunity to debut now with the injury to Palasia. I'd say he'll get a few games during Origin.

What are his chances of poking through to the main squad?

Do you think he'll get a hole lot of chances?

Last edited:
What are his chances of poking through to the main squad?

Do you think he'll get a hole lot of chances?

Well yeah, if there is a gap in the main squad due to injuries, he might get to plug it.

He was pretty poor for the Phins in the back row. They tried the experiment with him there and it failed pretty miserably imo. Soon as they moved him back to lock, he flourished again. He would have next to no chance of getting a run at lock in the NRL here.

Well if he does, I know @upthebroncs will be grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Well if he does, I know @upthebroncs will be grinning like a Cheshire cat.

He could make the bench. We lose Fifita to Origin. Glenn and TPJ will more than likely end up in the back row. We could also be in a position where we lose Joffa and Carrigan so its not beyond the realms of possibility he gets a run at lock.

I've watched him play most weeks solidly now for the last 2 years and i don't see an NRL player in him, at least not at the Broncos. If a team wants a creative lock with decent ball playing and a decent running game, then he could get a shot somewhere.

I thought Jamil had some interest from Sydney and was considering heading down there given the lack of opportunities in this forward pack.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.