How do you rate our players

1. Isaako - 50/50 on him to be honest. Had a horrible year last year, has definitely rebounded this year, but very unsure on whether he's a long term option.
2. Oates - I'm just about done with him. My instincts tell me he is at the core of this "got no ***** to give" attitude that poisons the team or at least is in its orbit. Sick of him coming up and in defensively and always leaking easy points despite that very problem costing us a GF. Bye.
3. Staggs - Keep. He has a bright future, but he needs a veteran centre like a Hodges or Tate to mentor him.
4. Boyd - Should have been gone 3 years ago. has cynically been milking this club for all its worth thanks to a favorable contract from Clint and hasn't dared put his body on the line in defence in years. Has pissed his legacy into the wind much like Tallis to be honest. Will be over the moon to see the back of him.
5. Arthars - Keep. I like what he has brought at times and he was one of our better backs in the first 2 wins (oh how long ago that feels now).
6. Milford - I said he was on real thin ice with me in the pre-season (the first one), and as of this weekend he has officially fallen through to very cold water. Would not be upset at all to see him chuck the toys out like Hunt before him and bugger off to easier shores.
7. Croft - Keep. He has certainly been busting his ass and absolutely looks like he gives a shit. I hope he begins developing a halves relationship with Dearden right now because he will be the man he sees to his left in the not too distant future.
8. Lodge - Keep. Is clearly a leader and is the only player who dared to front up for how shit thursday night was. Frankly the rest of the squad should be embarrassed that Lodge of all people is the one looking most like an adult.
9. Turpin - Happy to persist with him for the time being, but I'm finding myself more and more in agreement with others that it is long past time we sign a seasoned leader and footballer in a crucial role, and after decades of shit in and around the ruck, I am thinking it's long past time the Broncos number 9 saw some love.
10. Haas -Obviously keep. He is young but he will be the best forward in the game when he is north of 100 games. Career prop.
11. Fifita - Keep. As above, will be just about the best 2nd rower in the comp in not too long either.
12. TPJ - Cautiously say keep. I just don't trust this current rabble of coaching staff to get TPJ to where we want him to be: a devastating hole runner and enforcer who doesn't spend the majority of his career on the NRL shitlist. He has the potential to turn himself, Fifita and Haas into a force to be reckoned with, they just need to find the discipline to do it properly.
13. Carrigan - Absolutely keep and probably should be full time captain already. The likes of Kent and Tallis laugh at the idea of making a kid captain, but when the players who are supposed to be the leaders are simply not delivering, what choice do we have but to look to the youth? At the very least, Patty leads from the front with hitups that sting the opposition, which is more than I can say for the rest at this moment.

Others:

Glenn - Yes he's captain right now and yes he is one of the few hard working toilers we have left, but lets face it, he has one foot out the door already. He might get a cheap retirement deal with Kearney at the Warriors but regardless, at the end of his current deal he's very likely out.
Flegler - He has been utter pus the last couple of weeks, after a real solid opening two games. Not sure what is going on with him, but he better pull the finger back out quick. Tentative keep.
Bird - Absolutely gone for mine. I feel for the poor bloke, I really do, but he risks becoming just another Kahu. An overpaid outside back who spends more time off the field than he does on it then chooses to use the club as a retirement home. No thanks. Seen plenty of that in recent times (Boyd), and I'm done.
Kahu - Gone at the earliest opportunity. Another one I smell is apart of that entitled don't give a **** clique alongside Oates, Milford and Boyd. Such a shame about his body but I didn't expect his personality to break down as easily yet here we are.
Bullemor - Seems like he could be a real solid cheapie to keep around for awhile.
Te'o - Whether we like it or not, his seniority is desperately needed right at this moment, so I hope the club are paying him well and give him a license to tear shreds off lethargic ***** at training. He now is expected to fall straight into the fire and lead these broken young blokes into battle against a team hurting from being dudded and will play finals whereas we won't. Sorry for the shit welcome mat, Ben.
Dearden - He's turning into another one the media want to jinx the **** out of with the "next Lockyer" shit, but what we've seen of him I've been very happy with. If anything he should be lining up every week in the 9 with Paix coming in to relieve him. I hope he has been working hard behind the scenes because he will be on the frontline before long.
Farnworth - Keep, if only for depth in the backs but he's shown some good moments in his limited time. He'll be kicking around the top 17 or thereabouts for the foreseeable future.
Kennedy - Keep him around on the cheap for forward depth but I honestly don't see much in him other than that.
Niu - Keep. We need fullback depth at the very least, but he will no doubt be right in the frame for first grade if Isaako doesn't kick on.

Last edited:
Outside of Haas and Fifita, I don't rate any of them.

We just need to keep plugging away with these young fellas this year and evaluate where we stand at the end of the year, I'd say 2022 being the year things really turn.

Boyd will be gone next year, Bird and Milford without a doubt get chopped for 2022, those two free up a considerable amount of cap for 2022 and gives us a fair bit to work with on targeted buys and the flexibility to overhaul the squad if needed. Whether that is a hooker or fullback or whatever, we use this year and part of next to work out who we keep or where we need to buy.

It could continue to be ugly this year but I think cap wise we will be in a good position to make necessary and significant changes from next year for 2022.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.