How far will we go

(Although unlikely) Icing on the cake for the season would be to play and beat Souths in the 1st round, the rest would be gravy

Last edited:
If we can consistently convert the opportunities we create into points, we could go very deep. That's a huge if though.

Pains me to say but it's more likely that this team just doesn't turn up in the first round, no matter the opponent.

After last year there will be zero complacency. We will be dialled in to play.

(Although unlikely) Icing on the cake for the season would be to play and beat Souths in the 1st round, the rest would be gravy

I think we can only match up against them in week 2 now, if we make it that far.

Beat a depleted Manly in week 1. Face a belted Souths in week 2. Overcome a complacent Melbourne in week 3 then stop Roosters from going back to back on GF day.

I really can’t see any other possibilities.

Manly won’t be a roll over even without Turbo Tommy. They play a tough style of footy. They may have got toweled up last night by the storm but they did play half the game with only 15. Hasler will have some plans up his sleeves don’t you worry

Manly won’t be a roll over even without Turbo Tommy. They play a tough style of footy. They may have got toweled up last night by the storm but they did play half the game with only 15. Hasler will have some plans up his sleeves don’t you worry
They are getting injuries at the wrong time of year though. Thompson and now TTurbo. I think they are looking the easiest out of the bottom 4 of the top 8 to match up against.

What has to happen for us to face Manly week one? Really not keen on Parramatta at bank west, particularly two weeks after already rolling them they'll be keen for revenge.

Definitely make the grand final but I admit I'm not totally certain we'll win it all but yes, super confident we'll win it. I suppose there's a small chance we'll lose the gf, guess I have to be realistic!!!
I’m with you. Darius is getting his second Churchill.

Honestly, our defense is pretty good. If we turn up in the finals absolutely switched on, hungry and really focused, we can out defend any team, I'm pretty confident of that.

But, our attack is pretty bad. We need to score points and I'm worried we can't do that against the best teams in the finals.

We can beat anyone on the day except Melbourne.

I know we are not finals guaranteed but whether you think we will be having mad Monday early or going late into September, I and many others would be interested in knowing how far you think we will go.

We are finals guaranteed now. Lostest we can finish is 8th

Not yet, if Tigers win today and Sharkies and Tigers draw next week, they will both jump us.
We need to beat the Bulldogs now, otherwise we're at the mercy of the Sharks v Tigers. It's surreal that they could do a deal that would see them both make the finals if we lose to the Dogs.

Last edited:
We need to beat the Bulldogs now, otherwise we're at the mercy of the Sharks v Tigers. It's surreal that they could do a deal that would see them both make the finals if we lose to the Dogs.
I doubt it would ever happen, because if it ever came out, it is likely that those involved would face criminal charges, plus the NRL would throw the book at them.

Would they trust each other to uphold the deal? If you don’t play 100% and keep it tight for the draw and the other team double crosses you then you are out of the finals. Who would seriously risk that? They would have to fumble their way through golden point as well. Honestly I think you can take that thought to the conspiracy theory thread where it belongs.

I doubt it would ever happen, because if it ever came out, it is likely that those involved would face criminal charges, plus the NRL would throw the book at them.
Would they...?
Don’t give them so much credit, they really haven’t earned it.

Would they...?
Don’t give them so much credit, they really haven’t earned it.
I think it would make what happened to Melbourne look light in comparison.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.