How far will we go

All this talk about our premiership chances in the next few years just doesn't make sense to me.

Anything can happen. We might be going well then origin comes or we cop a few major injuries or cop a few suspensions each season etc. That drastically changes things and we can't win any premierships without our full strength team. We need luck to go our way also and that is something we cannot control.

Every season we should be aiming to win the comp because nothing is guaranteed. Absolutely nothing. By the time 2021 comes along, who knows where we'll be?

We look like we are headed in the right direction so far.
We will make it to the first week and that's as far as we will go.

We have done remarkably well to make the finals but I just don't see another level in us yet. If we had our full strength squad then I could see us doing some real damage.

The hard times we've suffered this season will make us stronger and we'll be better in the upcoming seasons. I think 2021 is a realistic target to win a premiership.

Look..its quite simple really; look at the best 2 sides from last year.....also the same as this year.

They are the best coached, most structured and have the best on-field game managers (Smith & Cronk) & you'd imagine they are also setting up their heir-apparents to take over in Brandon Smith and Luke Keary.

So that's your Gold standard in the league right now; if your medium plan for the club isnt to met the same standards you're wasting your time.

We have signed/re-signed "potential" this year....who says that potential will ever be met, or even met while with us..? Now we cant sign a Smith or Cronk (or Keary et al for that matter) so our cap situation means we have to look within (SoS & Dearden).

Our team right now is Haas & Fifita...give them the ball, see what they can do...

Sorry that wont cut it.....our injured players returning next season will help no question but we HAVE to build a spine. That will take time with a 18 year old half having the team handed to him....i fear we need those top 2 to take a step or 2 down to the rest for us to be legitimate threats to a title...

I don't think the Tigers and Sharks will deliberately play for a draw from the start but there possibly could be a little collusion if they find themselves locked up with 5 to go.
All you have to do is play out your set and kick for touch.
The NRL absolutely should reserve the right to change the schedule so this isn't a possibility. As usual it's amateur hour. No one has thought this could happen with the close results at the end of most seasons? yet they organise the semis in order .
Ill be having a small bet on the draw @ $26 if we happen to lose to the Dogs.

I don't think the Tigers and Sharks will deliberately play for a draw from the start but there possibly could be a little collusion if they find themselves locked up with 5 to go.
All you have to do is play out your set and kick for touch.
The NRL absolutely should reserve the right to change the schedule so this isn't a possibility. As usual it's amateur hour. No one has thought this could happen with the close results at the end of most seasons? yet they organise the semis in order .
Ill be having a small bet on the draw @ $26 if we happen to lose to the Dogs.

...smart.....

We don't have the halves to do any damage in the finals. We'll be bundled out in week one, or if we manage to scrap together a win, be flogged in week 2.

Parramatta v Manly game tonight will determine who we meet in week 1 of the finals.

If we beat the Bulldogs we finish 7th and play 6th. Otherwise it's 8th and we play 5th (as long as Tigers v Sharks isn't a draw, in which case we get knocked out).

Eels will need to beat the Sea Eagles by 11 or more to get 5th. Otherwise they're 6th.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • Skathen
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • westy316
  • Brotherdu
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • IceWorks
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.