How I'll turn Brisbane Broncos into warhorses, reveals performance boss Alex Corvo

Yeah, I don't get why they can't just copy it after 4 years here.

Doesn't always work like that unfortunately, especially with things like footy.

Brodie Croft has spent the last 4 years copying everything that Cooper Cronk does, and yet we've learned this year that he looks like cheap knock-off of Cronk, rather than a second-coming.

Obviously completely different scenario to a fitness trainer, but still comparable. Corvo is obviously just the Cronk of fitness trainers in terms of work ethic & 1%ers.

We're meant to be the richest club by far. How are we losing OFF FIELD staff? We should have the absolute best facilities, best trainers, best surgeons, best everything to entice players here/ stay long term.

Our problem isn’t because of fitness.

Corvo stays, we still have the same issues.

We're meant to be the richest club by far. How are we losing OFF FIELD staff? We should have the absolute best facilities, best trainers, best surgeons, best everything to entice players here/ stay long term.

Because there is a cap on off field staff now.

The NRL introduced an off-field spending cap ... like the salary cap, this would prevent us from flexing our financial muscle.

gotta make sure you drag the the top clubs to the level of the bottom clubs

Wasn't sure where else to put this.
Interesting.

From League Talk Facebook page

The name of Warriors new Head Trainer Alex Corvo has been linked with their early season success & so it seems,team success does follow Him.
The Alex Corvo Effect:
* Left Storm at end of 2013 Season after 5 Grand Finals
* Next year Storm missed Top 4.Had made Top 4 in 6/7 previous seasons.
* Joined Broncos 2014 after they missed finals in ‘13. Made finals all 4yrs including Grand Final in 2015.
* So far in 2018 Warriors ✅ ✅

It's easy to say Storm missed the top 4 because of Corvo leaving, but that's not exactly the case.

Storm lost players, one of those Gareth Widdop. They didn't have a good 5/8 in 2014 that could take the pressure off Cronk. People underestimate how much of a loss Widdop was at the time.

In 2014, we only just scraped into the finals due to results going our way. We were still fading in and out of games.

The Warriors are benefiting from Corvo because the areas Corvo specialize in, the Warriors were seriously lacking. Their change in attitude, Kearney doesn't get enough credit for that.

Are you guys sure the off field cap is in use? It was still being proposed in August last year and I am sure that next year is its first year. The idea was it would be set at the sixth highest spending club's level.

av is about 6 million- Broncos, Roosters and Panthers are about 7 million. The last four premiers haven't been the big spenders either. Raiders are one of the biggest and the Dogs were out of control under Des and Eels are too.

Hickmans is still the boss at the Broncos, Corvo was under him not the other way around.

Corvo and Hoops left for better offers, cap didn't have any bearing on that.

Our problem isn’t because of fitness.

Corvo stays, we still have the same issues.
Sure SP I was hurried when I posted this.
I was going to say there are certainly other issuee which explain where we are at now.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Reds2011
  • Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • porouian
  • johnny plath
  • jarro65
  • Waynesaurus
  • Alec
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.