NEWS How the Broncos missed out on Hynes

Did we "low ball"?

We probably did, if Cronulla paid more but also, Cronulla were desperate. The reason they went with Fitzgibbon in the first place was to attract some people to their club, if they went into this season with a new coach and no new playmakers after missing out on Reynolds, it would've been pretty bad for them.

Instead of saying we low balled, I am thinking Cronulla paid overs, obviously his form has meant that he has been worth every penny but it could've gone the other way too.

Depends on your definition of low-ball

DD says our initial offer was close to what he was asking for ... we just didn't continue negotiating when we found out he wanted to be close to family in NSW

Depends on your definition of low-ball

DD says our initial offer was close to what he was asking for ... we just didn't continue negotiating when we found out he wanted to be close to family in NSW
Hang on I thought @Smokin' Joe said we never even got to the stage of discussing $s.

Something is not right here Joe?

He wanted to be closer to family & his family are in Sydney.

Hang on I thought @Smokin' Joe said we never even got to the stage of discussing $s.

Something is not right here Joe?

Well he's not wrong, they made an offer but the actual negotiation of money wasn't ever really had, by the sounds of it.

Well he's not wrong, they made an offer but the actual negotiation of money wasn't ever really had, by the sounds of it.
If they made an offer they evidently discussed $s. It's sort of self evident actually.

It’s just dawned on me that Cronulla also tried to sign Adam Reynolds but missed out. Where’s that news article before our game?
I dunno, they're running "How stupid are Souths" stories in the meantime

I dunno, they're running "How stupid are Souths" stories in the meantime
100% warranted too. Reyno put them into the position for Walker to run his brilliance. While I rate young Ilias, Walker's stuck in the same mindset that broke Milf - trying to do it all himself, when it's not his go.

The way he played tonight I’m sure he isn’t on our team.

He had a night to forget in defence that's for sure. I felt for the bugger though, he was devastated at their press conference.

"Missed out" = was never coming here and in all likelihood used us to try to jack up his price. if there was an informal offer, I'm glad it was a low one just to rub shit in to his manager's face.

"Okay, Sharks, before you make your offer, just know that the Broncos have also tabled an offer".

** Unfolds piece of paper, face droops.

"Okay never mind, we're open to all offers".

There was a period where no one wanted Hynes, could've gotten him for a bag of Doritos. Broncos needs better scouts.

There was a period where no one wanted Hynes, could've gotten him for a bag of Doritos. Broncos needs better scouts.
Yeh I wondered about that too. I know his form in ISC was better than average but I don't know his full background story. However, I'm not sure he would have developed into the player he is now without spending those intense learning seasons at the Storm.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Dazza 92
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • Gaz
  • HarryAllan7
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • Maroon4life
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • TimWhatley
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Redux
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.