NEWS Humility of Gillett is what made the man a Broncos favourite

Gems like Gillo deserved the whole club there at the presser. No doubt there were people away on leave/test commitments, but Siebs would have ensured the younger guys were exposed to what it means to be a genuine Broncos boy.

Gee that right edge defence now has a massive hole. It will take some work to plug the gap Gillo has left. He will indeed be sorely missed.

Gems like Gillo deserved the whole club there at the presser. No doubt there were people away on leave/test commitments, but Siebs would have ensured the younger guys were exposed to what it means to be a genuine Broncos boy.

Gee that right edge defence now has a massive hole. It will take some work to plug the gap Gillo has left. He will indeed be sorely missed.
Completely agree about the press conference. Although I doubt it will be the last our young guys see of him around the place.

That said, I think our missing him on field won't be as keenly felt given he spent last season fairly up and down in form and then missed basically a whole year prior to that. I think if we were ever going to miss Gillo on field I think that hole already started the moment he suffered his first neck injury.

Gillo was one of those special players that didnt aim for individual accolades. Although he burst onto the scene as a really strong runner of the ball, he developed his game to become the player the team needed. He did the 1 percenters and became a great cover defender to support his halves.

Shit way to end and otherwise stellar career. Thank you matt.

Completely agree about the press conference. Although I doubt it will be the last our young guys see of him around the place.

That said, I think our missing him on field won't be as keenly felt given he spent last season fairly up and down in form and then missed basically a whole year prior to that. I think if we were ever going to miss Gillo on field I think that hole already started the moment he suffered his first neck injury.
Hope so.

I remember for a number of years after Gillett started, his defence was easily the WORST part of his game. I have no idea what suddenly made it click, and for him to go from an almost TPJ-level to what he ended up being.

Maybe TPJ can do the same?

He can't even make the claim that his sacrifice helped the club's future anymore. That's what really digs at me.

White probably told him to retire so we can get club legend Kahu back on the books.

He can't even make the claim that his sacrifice helped the club's future anymore. That's what really digs at me.

we would have already counted Kahu's salary under our 2020 cap BEFORE Gillett retired

because he is under contract to the Storm and we can't come to an agreement with Melbourne about a release

Don't you think that's a tad convenient under the circumstances?

Don't you think that's a tad convenient under the circumstances?

no ...

because we clearly rate Tom Dearden as our long term halfback. Croft would have been competition for Dearden and insurance given SOS is on the shelf for at least half the season ...

not to mention the article was your typical league journo article, with not a single quote from anyone ... it was all NRL.com "understands" or has "been told" ... those are the type of articles that has Fifita signing with 4 different clubs (one of them ours)

Add Croft to the list of players and coach from Melbourne that are linked to us but we can't lure to the club.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.