Hunt's kick returns

with one of Karmichaels first touches in first grade, Francis Meli hit him with one of the biggest hits id ever seen. it knocked K straight down, yet K got back up and tried to run more metres. ever since then, ive never worried about K.

That's just it - K has been hit in BIG tackles so many times. I think he's only stayed down twice, and both of those were from illegal shots to the head. Arguably the toughest player in the NRL IMO.

What was the other one Mick, I can only remember the O6 Anzac Test?

mick! said:
That's just it - K has been hit in BIG tackles so many times. I think he's only stayed down twice, and both of those were from illegal shots to the head. Arguably the toughest player in the NRL IMO.

Agreed - but a little creativity at the back, and running angles with wingers, then re-positioning himself as a support for an off-load - when time/chasers allows, would not go astray.

Hunt's a FB, not a bloody prop, and spectacular it may seem, I'm getting a little tired of seeing Hunt constantly fielding the ball and mindlessly running at the opposition chasers - who have figured him out, and getting smashed.

ethos said:
rnabokov said:
Hunt's a FB, not a bloody prop.

He runs harder than our props at the moment..

So true - but he's a FB, and maybe our props need a few more rockets from Wayne.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
ethos said:
rnabokov said:
Hunt's a FB, not a bloody prop.

He runs harder than our props at the moment..

Parker and Clinton in particular should take some note.

Parker in particular - he has the talent.

And I actually think Clinton is slowly hitting his straps. At least Eastwood has taken note of Benny's words of wisdom.

Agree re: Clinton. Steadily improving.
Parker: needs a dose of Eastwood.

Hammo said:
Hunt has nothing on kick returns compard to the Martin Lang.

Wow, remember that guy's hit ups?!!!

Martin Lang was teh ORSM. I loved watching him play. Everything he did he did with 110% intensity.

In fact while we are on the subject of one M. Lang, I have a desire for someone to make a video montage of Marty Lang hit-ups to the 18/12 overture.

Coxy said:

i agree i have been 1 of Clinton's biggest critics but he has been getting better and better each week. Not dropping as much ball either.

spoonbled said:
Coxy said:

i agree i have been 1 of Clinton's biggest critics but he has been getting better and better each week. Not dropping as much ball either.

And now it's time for Parker and Sims to run at the line with Hunt's power and courage.

I agree with rnabokov, It seems more beneficial to do it when the time is right, even if it means on a regular basis, but to do it 9/10 times is not the go imo. (Hunt)

I sort of agree with lockyer47. Not the beneficial part, but more when he has no other options. I'd like to see him try to avoid tacklers more, especially at this stage where they are used to him just charging back at them. He has great footwork, and could create some great opportunities for us like Slater does for Melbourne.

maybe just mix it up a little more. not his skip jump side steps but maybe just a quick change of line just before he meets the defence. giving the defenders more options means he will end up having less injuries and more attacking metres.

The Rock said:
At the moment, his kick returns are highly effective. So I don't know why he'd want to change what he's doing.

Yeh I love them as well, but too much of anything is not good. As mentioned slight variation could lead to opportunities and so forth.
I do admit these runs are crucial in origin though, perphaps depdning on what sort of game it is, how the game is going etc?
Bottom line is, if he does continue to do it ALL the time, clubs will just line up and smash him.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncos Maestro
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.