I feel like chicken tonight! (Friday night)

Current expectation is Ennis will be back for round 3, but they're monitoring the situation. Quad injuries can be really serious if they retear (a bit like hamstrings). eg, Neville Costigan is out for 8 weeks with a bad quad tear.

Broncos don't want to risk a similar injury for Ennis.

I would have liked to have seen Wapau on the bench in place of Kenny. No offence to Kenny, but I wanna see what Wapau can do, and having an element of suprise in a new explosive forward might give us the advantage we need in the forwards. IMO Kenny doesn't add alot.

I don't like kenny so much either, but none the less I think he should play and not WAPAU. I think WAPAU Should get a chance when the match is not such a forward dominated one like the roosters such as raiders, knights, cowboys, titans or illawara. I think he should make his debut against one of those teams, but the roosters have too many good forwards it's probably too much of a risk to chuck him in atm IMO.

Wapau will almost certainly debut against the Cowboys next Friday.

You heard it here first (or read it, and maybe you have read it elsewhere, meh, leave me alone!)

That's great, I think it's the right team to debut against, since the cowboys aren't that great in forwards anyway IMO.

Coxy said:
Wapau will almost certainly debut against the Cowboys next Friday.

You heard it here first (or read it, and maybe you have read it elsewhere, meh, leave me alone!)

Interesting.

At who's epxense though? If Kenny and Taylor both have solid games this weekend, it'll be unfair if they're dropped for next week.

And if Wapau is going to play at the expense of either Taylor or Kenny.. why not this week?

I think Wapau is being watched for his form with Redcliffe. Another solid effort and I think they'll give him a punt and "rotate" someone out of the Broncos side. Maybe Thaiday or Eastwood.

And SOO is really not that far away when you think about it.

Nothing wrong with, as Coxy said, "rotating" the guys like Wapau, Kenny and Taylor. We'll undoubtedly need to use at least one or two of them through the origin period, so if they all get a chance to have a couple of games under their belts it'll keep our options open for the rep season.

I don't think it is a great idea rotating fringe players in and out of the side. If they are playing well let them play, the fringe players need confidence to improve to become quality first graders.

Well If he is to co me in as has been said, I think he will almost certainly replace kenny or Taylor (depending which one plays better tommorow night against the roosters).

Beads6 said:
I don't think it is a great idea rotating fringe players in and out of the side. If they are playing well let them play, the fringe players need confidence to improve to become quality first graders.

If they're of a similar standard I don't have a problem rotating players in and out - especially early in their careers. It gives them the opportunity to play at the top level without having to deal with the week to week grind and pressure right up front. Although I do take your point re playing more to increase confidence I don't have a problem with 'asing them into their careers when they are just starting out - as long as the ones being rotated are of similar standard to each other.

1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Sims
9. Ennis
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Stagg
13. Carroll

14. PJ Marsh
15. Eastwood
16. Taylor
17. Kenny
icon_thumbs_u

Despite our outstanding performance on the weekend, my gut feeling is an unfortunate victory to the Rorters by 10-16 points [icon_thumbs_do

Good to see hannant passeed fit, we need a big game from him.

They have more experience and bigger names in the forwards, but there is no reason our pack can't match it with them. That said our backs shit all over theirs, so as long as our forwards keep up, it shouldn't be too much of a task for us to win.

Yeah I don't know what all the fuss is about. As long as the Broncos are on their game we will win. The roosters bombed Souths all night and it worked a treat, I'm not so sure it will work against Hunt. Souths were off their game and missed Wing badly in attack.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Santa
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.