I miss the spirit ...

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
First of all porky Morgan. Fkn crazy bastard , he just wanted the best for Brisbane ... to finally show those Sydney girls who did it better. They don't make them like porky anymore... they really don't. Bring that spirit back

You know what one of the best grand finals of the last 40 years was?

'85.

BRL

Bring that fkn spirit back. Miles, Meninga, Lewis. They don't make them like that anymore.

You know something I really miss? Screaming out “give it to Mick” and watching Hancock come into mid field , telegraphing a mile ahead and still running like a crazed man, bucking wild kicking to get free...

The Ipswich connection. I miss that. A lot. You can't coach a lifetime of combination.

Wayne Bennett. I love hate the guy. But love wins out.

Mick De Vere. If he got stapled up World War I style like that in our new age of girly political correctness Orwell age, the fuckers would ban him for life.

Tallis. Gets a lot of shit. But saying no to drugs, in a drug fueled era was spirited thing. We are still paying for that culture.

I miss TC‘s chin. Like a rock of fkngranite.

Alan Cann. Unloading kegs of beer on weekdays to make a living.

Kevvie, fck I miss that guy.

Can you imagine Kevvie and Alf running the show?

I miss it

I miss Hancock. How many 6 agains we get with him carting the ball up.

I miss webcke and civa standing deep and hitting the ball up without flinch.

I miss Locky not getting flustered and taking the game bythe scruff of the neck.

I miss hodgo yelling abuse at his useless team mates for being inept and stupid.

I hate to spoil the day dream guys, but that was all in the past. We need to focus on how to get rid of the prick that is currently giving us all nightmares.

I hate to spoil the day dream guys, but that was all in the past. We need to focus on how to get rid of the prick that is currently giving us all nightmares.
I miss tpj hitting the ball up with support players ready to accept his offload.
I miss Haas hitting the ball with depth and breaking the line.
I miss the sweeping back line plays where Milf gets the ball and has options to pass to a 2nd rower, a fullback, a centre or a winger.

Last edited:
Amen. Seibold is coaching robotics and neglecting the spirit side.. The guys need help.
Honestly no idea what he is coaching. I heard he likes Music and tonight he said it was about having Fun according to Fox. I see no improvement in the glaring obvious issues we have on field. We're not doing the robotics let alone the spirit.

Forget about the gloss of the club. That shit went out the window the moment Rusty convinced Inglis we weren't worth the trouble.

Honestly no idea what he is coaching. I heard he likes Music and tonight he said it was about having Fun according to Fox. I see no improvement in the glaring obvious issues we have on field. We're not doing the robotics let alone the spirit.
Yeah good call.
In terms of spirit- Just seems like this group is devoid of strong emotional energy.
Something that has been part of teams of old.
Lost since hodgo and Parker retired..
Battle hardened . Emotionally charged.
Weve got a group of kids, with no idea, and no strong emotional leaders to relay what it takes..

Glenn and croft looked like they were really have fun at the end of the game didnt they?

Yeah good call.
In terms of spirit- Just seems like this group is devoid of strong emotional energy.
Something that has been part of teams of old.
Lost since hodgo and Parker retired..
Battle hardened . Emotionally charged.
Weve got a group of kids, with no idea, and no strong emotional leaders to relay what it takes..
Exactly. Although there are probably better coaches, i do think our team's headspace is completely screwed, and that is why i am coming around on kevie. I think he will be able to possibly tap into that emotion component (which is pretty key for an origin coach) and inspire that pride in the jersey, that connection to the heritage and previous culture of the club.

Every other generation of the broncos had senior players that held the young ones accountable, toughened them up and pushed them to go harder when things were down. This group doesnt.

My Broncos-hating mate (Parra fan) puts it all down to salary cap shenanigans etc throughout all of our history basically up to the end of Ken Talbot/Andrew Gee's unedifying exit. According to his theory it's not just the fans but the players and the organisation itself that got used to existing in a one-town-team bubble that was also bending the cap rules to its advantage thanks to third party payments under the table.

Suddenly these conditions no longer exist so we're experiencing, for the first time, what every club has to go through periodically: hit rock bottom -> suffer -> rebuild -> look for a premiership window (and probably not find it) -> repeat. It all seems so much more shocking because no RL fan has seen Brisbane go through it.

So what about the Roosters? They have one bad year every blue moon and then buy in whoever they want whenever they want.

So what about the Roosters? They have one bad year every blue moon and then buy in whoever they want whenever they want.

they have uncle Nick ...

First of all porky Morgan. Fkn crazy bastard , he just wanted the best for Brisbane ... to finally show those Sydney girls who did it better. They don't make them like porky anymore... they really don't. Bring that spirit back

You know what one of the best grand finals of the last 40 years was?

'85.

BRL

Bring that fkn spirit back. Miles, Meninga, Lewis. They don't make them like that anymore.

You know something I really miss? Screaming out “give it to Mick” and watching Hancock come into mid field , telegraphing a mile ahead and still running like a crazed man, bucking wild kicking to get free...

The Ipswich connection. I miss that. A lot. You can't coach a lifetime of combination.

Wayne Bennett. I love hate the guy. But love wins out.

Mick De Vere. If he got stapled up World War I style like that in our new age of girly political correctness Orwell age, the fuckers would ban him for life.

Tallis. Gets a lot of shit. But saying no to drugs, in a drug fueled era was spirited thing. We are still paying for that culture.

I miss TC‘s chin. Like a rock of fkngranite.

Alan Cann. Unloading kegs of beer on weekdays to make a living.

Kevvie, fck I miss that guy.

Can you imagine Kevvie and Alf running the show?

I miss it
Haha that moment when Mick De'Vere had the staple gun hanging off his face is a moment in sport i will never forget.
Right up there with Tony Carrol knocking out De La Heras with a perfect knee to the back of the head.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • eggstar10
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • sooticus
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.