Idea: Player punishments

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I was thinking about the punishment for Jennings and how much of a waste it is fining a player and came up with this idea. The NRL needs to stop handing out fines to players and start using community work instead.

Got on the piss game night? Forget the $5,000 fine, instead you're doing 5 days of community work with 3 months to complete it.

Ricky Stuart abused the refs again? Forget the $10,000 fine, you're instead now running 10 coaching clinics for juniors in disadvantaged areas.

I know similar things do happen but it needs to be set in stone, ditch the financial punishments as generally to these guys what is $5k?

I was thinking about the punishment for Jennings and how much of a waste it is fining a player and came up with this idea. The NRL needs to stop handing out fines to players and start using community work instead.

Got on the piss game night? Forget the $5,000 fine, instead you're doing 5 days of community work with 3 months to complete it.

Ricky Stuart abused the refs again? Forget the $10,000 fine, you're instead now running 10 coaching clinics for juniors in disadvantaged areas.

I know similar things do happen but it needs to be set in stone, ditch the financial punishments as generally to these guys what is $5k?

I think it's a great idea, although you could argue that junior coaching clinics by Ricky would be a community dis-service

I was gonna say... why disadvantage those juniors even more, by offering them Sticky's clinics?

I was gonna say... why disadvantage those juniors even more, by offering them Sticky's clinics?

I dunno if they would be disadvantaged from it, they would be learning what not to do from the the guy who wrote the book on it.

I think as punishments to players they need to held accountable for there actions. Not only do you fine them and suspend them for games, but when the game is on, you get them to walk around and personally apologise to members and fans for being an idiot. What Gus did with Jennings a few years ago at the panthers was a good lesson where he made him buy tickets out of his own pocket for fans he let down.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • barker
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.