If this forum was in charge of the Broncos

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Ive been lurking the forums a lot more often of late, and I feel that since my regular days we've gotten a lot more negative. Probably the premiership drought is taking it's toll.
Anyway, if we were in charge this is what would happen:
we would have no coach; the one we've got is rubbish, the only one available is rubbish. Better off we don't have one.

sam thaiday would be gone. He's rubbish drops the ball once every couple of weeks.
no josh Hoffman, bye bye you useless git who can't pass. You aren't fit to lick Lockys boots.
barba, you've played half a season, you're too fat. Bye we hate you.
maranta, where do I start. Can't run, can't catch every 2nd game.
Matty Gillett chicken fillet hands, see ya wouldn't wanna be ya.
ben hunt, you played a bad game this one time, also how dare you suggest to test the open market even though we don't want to talk about your negotiations yet.
Macca, you are too slow, are you kidding. You have to go.
alex Glenn! you never make a mistake but you don't have a fend. Tell your story walking pal.
corey parker, when are you going to learn to goal kick ffs, you're useless.
josh McGuire, you're too short, piss off.
jack reed, you are past your use by date, you never got over your injuries, you have red hair.
lowrie, we never even wanted you in the first place.
hodges, please stop hogging the ball and trying to win games ffs, just retire already.

this would be our line up if we were in charge.
3. copley
6. Nikorima
8. Hannant
13 Parker
14 vidot

Lol. Let's try and be a little more positive every now and then.

and for the LOVE OF ALL THATS GOOD, STOP TURNING EVERY THREAD INTO A BENNETT V GRIFFIN WAR.

This forum would release every player and staff member after each loss.

Touche Mrs Long. Now about that Griffin v Bennett war!!!!!!!

Still beats the idiots who think because you're a junior you automatically deserve go before we buy anyone to boost our stocks.

This would be our team if the Forum had it's way:

1. Dugan
2. Vidot
3. Copely
4. Moga
5. Hoffman
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Moa
9. Smith (c)
10. Molo
11. ???
12. ???
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Baptise
16. Hannant
17. Farah

Id like to think Wallace and Dodds would get a run in our side :laugh:

If this forum was in charge of the Broncos, they would never lose a game.

So I say bring it on.

No ... but the Broncos would get the wooden spoon

Seems like another thread just so we can throw out some preferred team lineups. But since that is all we do on this forum

1. Anthony Milford
2. Darius Boyd
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Ben Hunt
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Ben Hannant
9. Robbie Farah
10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Andrew McCullough
15. Francis Molo
16. Kurtis Lingwoodock
17. David Hala

Let's say a 7/10 performance for a player is acceptable. A finger chopped off for every point below that. And, uh, a finger given for every point above.

:laugh:

Good read as always mrslong.

Been a tough couple of years for the Broncos and I don't think the fans can handle being such an ordinary team.

There were very few positives to take out of 2013, and while 2014 is a step in the right direction, the stench that permeated that year has been difficult to remove.

I actually like what I've seen of the Broncos from 2014, but we've just been lacking in a few departments and it's tough to cop when the team loses in the dying moments.

Still, until last Friday, the Broncos were in every game they lost and fought to the bitter end which as a fan I really appreciated. All I wanted out of 2014 was for the club to make the right moves going forward and for the most part, I believe they have.

:laugh:

Good read as always mrslong.

Been a tough couple of years for the Broncos and I don't think the fans can handle being such an ordinary team.

There were very few positives to take out of 2013, and while 2014 is a step in the right direction, the stench that permeated that year has been difficult to remove.

I actually like what I've seen of the Broncos from 2014, but we've just been lacking in a few departments and it's tough to cop when the team loses in the dying moments.

Still, until last Friday, the Broncos were in every game they lost and fought to the bitter end which as a fan I really appreciated. All I wanted out of 2014 was for the club to make the right moves going forward and for the most part, I believe they have.

That has been one of the toughest things to deal with.

The Broncos have always been a side that could pull a rabbit out of the hat and come up with that miracle play that wins them the game in the dying moments. They were also always a side that could win those games with their defense. They didn't win all of them, but they won most of them. This is what I hope Bennett can bring back to the club.

Ever since Bennett left, we have very rarely won those kind of games. It's tough to swallow at times.

Last edited:
Ever since Bennett left, we have very rarely won those kind of games. It's tough to swallow at times.

Let's not forget that Bennett's first reign ended with that loss against the Storm in 2008. It almost feels like the club hasn't recovered from it, this many years on.

In summary, I blame Ashton Sims.

If this forum was in charge of team selection, there would be no stability to the side. 1 performance from a player that wasn't 10/10 and that player would be dropped.

unless you were the forums flavour of the month

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Justwin
  • Gaz
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.