If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it be?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For me it would probably be Cam Smith or Billy Slater. Best hooker in the game (and quite frankly, the best I've ever seen) and the best fullback in the game.

What about you guys?

I decided to exclude halfbacks and 5/8's as that's clearly a position which would have dominated this discussion otherwise.

Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it

Definitely Billy Slater. With a guy like him it wouldn't even matter if the halves weren't top notch. He makes stuff happen himself.

Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it

Cam Smith without a doubt. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Lockyer year 2006 ;)

Stu Kelly.

Greg Inglis.

The guy can create stuff out of nowhere. Fixes the fullback and Hodges replacement issue in one fell swoop.

Jamie Lyon. Just to be different from everyone else.

Cam Smith, without him the Storm are a lesser side.

James Tamou

Cam Smith without a doubt. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Greg Inglis.

The guy can create stuff out of nowhere. Fixes the fullback and Hodges replacement issue in one fell swoop.

Good choices and really hard to pick between the two. I'll go Smith because of his ability to make ordinary players shine and because of his durability.

No matter how great GI is........there's always the worry about him with injuries.

Scott Anderson, oh wait is this if you could have any other club sign a player from your club who would it be?

Cameron Smith.
Tempted to name a player who could fix a position that we are weaker in (like FB), but hard to go past Smith.

Could even play him in the halves..

GI.

I have faith in Macca, don't have the same faith in our backs.

GI would make us genuine premiership contenders.

Cameron Smith because he's the best hooker of all time and the best player in the game.
Greg Inglis would be next.
Tamou or Scott would be 3rd/4th.

I have faith in Macca, don't have the same faith in our backs.

Good point, Smith wouldn't change lack of creativity from the coach and ball playing from the backs.

I reckon the absense of a quality all-round fullback at the Broncos is equally as troubling as the uncertainty in the halves.

With that in mind.. either Slater or Inglis for sure.

Paul Gallen. The best forward I have seen play the game and if there is anyone who bleeds for his club, state and country its Gallen.

Active Now

• peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.