NEWS Ikin to Broncos: sign Reynolds

Wayne Bennett's estranged son-in-law Ben Ikin has some free advice for the Brisbane Broncos. It involves trying to pair yet another halfback with Anthony Milford:

“The Broncos should absolutely sign Adam Reynolds. Reynolds is on the market and he might be keen to come to Brisbane and could potentially form a great halves combination with Anthony Milford. Given the state of the Broncos, they should be considering signing any quality player at the moment.”

H001 Adam Reynolds

Calm

“I like his calmness. I like the detail in his game, he is a first-class goalkicker and excellent general-play kicker. Reynolds hasn’t got as many brilliant moments in him as some of the other playmakers in the competition, but the gap between his best and worst performance is pretty small and he knows how to manage a team. He has played in a lot of big games at the Rabbitohs, he has won a comp, he has been in a stack of preliminary finals. I know it has been a criticism the last few years that he hasn’t been able to take them to the next level, but there is a whole lot of tools that Reynolds has got that would be very useful at the Broncos right now.”

Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis says:

“Adam is open to all offers. Adam has made it clear he won’t be accepting a one-year term and if things don’t change I don’t expect him to be at Souths. That’s the bottom line. In a perfect world, Adam’s preference is to stay exactly where he is. He is the captain, he has won premierships there and has mates and family there, but if things don’t evolve from Souths’ end, he will have to step up the process with other suitors. Adam will investigations all options. I believe he has another three years in him. If he signed a three-year deal, he would be 34. Benji Marshall (fellow Souths playmaker) is 36 this year, so there’s no reason Adam can’t play on beyond another 12 months.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Like his injuries. Fuckin shit hot player. Kev won't do it, he's got croft.

I don't like this idea AT ALL. Reynolds is a good player who looks great bcos of the players around him, he doesn't make the players around him better. He is also 31 with an injury record, 3 years is not a good idea. I just get a feeling he would look a lot worse with a worse team around him...

For the right price, I would take him in a heartbeat.

He's just another Peter Wallace with a better kicking game, but that's all we need. He'll be a good halves partner for Milford because he can do all of that game managing stuff and just let Milford focus on the best aspects of his game. Plus, he's calm under pressure and brings a lot of experience in a crucial position.

For the right price, I would take him in a heartbeat.

He's just another Peter Wallace with a better kicking game, but that's all we need. He'll be a good halves partner for Milford because he can do all of that game managing stuff and just let Milford focus on the best aspects of his game. Plus, he's calm under pressure and brings a lot of experience in a crucial position.
Um.... big difference is Peter Wallace would have been about a 1/3 of the price Reynolds is asking for, and Wallace had a kind of ok 5/8th by the name of Lockyer whereas reynolds would take the load due to Milford bludging it up or dearden or staggs learning their role in the halves

Bet things change in this thread after we roll Melbourne. 🙏

I don't think we need to sign Reynolds but that isn't because he is not quality. It's his ridiculous price tag. The old drunk thinks he wants a three year three million dollar deal from the Cowpats but even 3 x750k is too much.

I have little doubt Reynolds would improve us out of sight all the same.

No doubt Reynolds is a quality half. Great kicking game. Would definately manage games better than our two halves. But take him out of that Rabbitohs side, no Walker, no Latrell, no Murray... Etc how does he play then? The same? Worse? Would it be a Croft like situation where the storm made him look better than he was...?

And then the money he is asking.. at 30yrs old, surely his best years well and truely behind him. We'd have to be crazy to give him what he's asking.

Like others have said tho, how often does a half of his calibre go on the market? Someone's going to pay him. I don't think it should be us, unless we can get him at the right price.

Sign him only and ONLY IF he comes with Cody Walker 😊😊

There is jack all decent Playmaking halves in the game and imo Reynolds has probably got the best kicking game in the compeition, something we massively lack as while Milford can kick he often does stupid shit and Croft is worse then useless while dearden is probably a few seasons away from where we need him to be.

Playmaking 7s are worth their weight in Gold and we badly need one. I watch most games every week and watching Souths games I can clearly see Reynolds is a massive key to their success.

This doesn't mean Toss Dearden though, we could have him at 6 or 13 with Staggs if we go that direction, the speed of the game is pushing towards 3 Halves anyway.

Last edited:
Remember when the Sharks said there was nothing wrong with Bird?

Either that or we didn't do our due dilligence? I have no faith this guy is 100% healthy.

Remember when the Sharks said there was nothing wrong with Bird?

Either that or we didn't do our due dilligence? I have no faith this guy is 100% healthy.

in the previous 4 seasons the lowest number of games he has played in a season has been 21

There is jack all decent Playmaking halves in the game and imo Reynolds has probably got the best kicking game in the compeition, something we massively lack as while Milford can kick he often does stupid shit and Croft is worse then useless while dearden is probably a few seasons away from where we need him to be.

Playmaking 7s are worth their weight in Gold and we badly need one. I watch most games every week and watching Souths games I can clearly see Reynolds is a massive key to their success.

This doesn't mean Toss Dearden though, we could have him at 6 or 13 with Staggs if we go that direction, the speed of the game is pushing towards 3 Halves anyway.

You watch almost every game every week? Respect bro! I couldn’t think of anything more boring. I watch the Broncs and QCup game if I can get it, plus one or two others here and there but every game is like torture with how one-sided and poorly reffed they all are these days.

Last edited:
I love how we win one game with 20 minutes of good football and suddenly we're all sweet when it comes to the halves. We're not. We still need a senior player to guide these young blokes, and where do you see that coming from if not Reynolds?

I'm really not sure on the whole Adam Reynolds situation.
When i look at how disorganised our attack is the majority of the time, i would seriously love to have an organiser like Reynolds steering the Broncos ship around.
I can't see us getting much better under Milford and Croft so one way or another something has to be done to make us competitive with the top sides moving forward.
1 million dollars a season for Reynolds would be crazy money but i could see two years at $ 700 000 and a third if needed with player option for both club and player as the only option.
His age and fitness is the big question to be answered and to me is the biggest worry . No one wants to be stuck with another Jack Bird situation of paying big money for someone sitting on the sideline injured for long periods.
I personally think Reynolds would be great to bring Deardon through top grade to show him the skills needed to run a team whilst keeping the pressure off him.
So for me i would seriously consider Reynolds for the right money.

You watch almost every game every week? Respect bro! I couldn’t think of anything more boring. I watch the Broncs and QCup game if I can get it, plus one or two others here and there but every game is like torture with how one-sided and poorly reffed they all are these days.
Thats what alcohol is for, it's also why I got a problem ahaha

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.