"In a unified competition"

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Has anybody else taken this as massive disrespect that media now refuses to acknowledge that we won a premiership in 1997?

If winning a premiership playing against a smaller amount of teams isn't valid, then nobody won a premiership until 1988.

We should just create Super League again.

Newcastle won 3 awards in a row in 15, 16 and 17.

**** it, lets get 20/21/22 . Tina Turners back for 2020, so we need to win it anyway.

Last edited:
The trophy is in our possession, nobody is taking it off us (unlike the Melbourne salary cap trophies) so who gives a catapulted midget what anyone else thinks about it.

As soon as Newcastle start acting like their '97 premiership is worthless will we decide to donate ours to the bin chickens. Gee I wonder what the chances of that happening are.....

It annoys me to, but I am kind of OK with it because it is true - what puts me over the top is how people have been saying roosters will be / are the first back to back since 92/93, without saying "in a unified comp'

That REALLY says 97 did not happen, and it's what the media think

When Fox runs replays of the GF's in a row, they play the ARL 97 but not SL

It's just ignored like it did not happen

who cares, the record isn't ours anymore, whether you count 92-93 or 97-98.

It's a silly ambition to have anyway. I'd rather worry about the team improving in the future than what happened in the 90's.

Last edited:
It's a silly ambition to have anyway. I'd rather worry about the team improving in the future than what happened in the 90's.

It's hilarious and kind of ironic though that we lose the last of our historic achievements this year of all years, when the deficiencies of the modern Broncos are at their starkest. Salt in the wound was never more appropriate.

who cares, the record isn't ours anymore, whether you count 92-93 or 97-98.

it made me angry because it was happening all year, not just after the GF
now the GF is behind us it's less bothersome, but still, forget all about the back-to-back record....what is happening is Brisbane's 1997 Premiership victory is being erased from the record
FFS the NRL give more credence to the Storm's cheating stripped titles than they do our 97 legal victory
So yeah, damn right it pisses me off

it made me angry because it was happening all year, not just after the GF
now the GF is behind us it's less bothersome, but still, forget all about the back-to-back record....what is happening is Brisbane's 1997 Premiership victory is being erased from the record
FFS the NRL give more credence to the Storm's cheating stripped titles than they do our 97 legal victory
So yeah, damn right it pisses me off
You seem genuinely shocked that the NRL heirachy and the Sydney media would attempt to diminish or disregard our success within the public's minds. I'm more shocked that anyone could be shocked by this. It's only been going on for the best part of 30 years now...

Last edited:
You seem genuinely shocked that the NRL heirachy and the Sydney media would attempt to diminish or disregard our success within the public's minds. I'm more shocked that anyone could be shocked by this. It's only been going on for the best part of 30 years now...

Shocked? No.

Outraged and angry nonetheless

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.