Intrust Super Cup Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The QRL website has announced a number of player transfers. It appears that on each day, the website will reveal each club's gains and losses as clubs gear up for the 2015/16 pre-season.

So far the following transfers are known:

Central Queensland Capras
Gains: Aleki Falepaini (Mackay Cutters), Bill Cullen (NQ Cowboys), Brandon Manase (Melbourne Storm), Chanel Seigafo (Melbourne Storm), Dane Chang (North Sydney Bears), Jaziah Dawson (Southport Tigers), Jordan Kane Halswell (Hornets NZ), Justin Tavae (Mackay Cutters), Kirisome Kirisome (Melbourne Storm), Lance Kuveu (Agmark Gurias PNG), Liam Pickersgill (Brisbane Broncos), Maipele Morseau (Cairns Brothers), Michael Ki (NZ Warriors), Nathan Wilson (Southport Tigers), Vic Halfpenny (Merimbula), Jack Kavanagh (St George Illawarra), Cale Hobday (Tugun), Adam Henry (Bradford), John Filipo (Melbourne Storm), Caleb Tull (Brothers Rockhampton), Jace O’Neil (Yeppoon), Lindsay Jarrett (Gracemere), Cody-John Clark (Norths Rockhampton)

Losses: Javarn White (Released), Russell Aitken (Released), Andrew Dale (Released), Guy Williams (Lezignan France), Russell Webber (Norths Rockhampton), Rajan Opetaia-Halls (Northern Pride), Ray Ebsworth (Released), Fabian Souter (Released), Aaron Watson (Released), Chris Stolk (Released), Ha’Ofanga Rabakewa (Released), Garrett Field (Released), Dean McAdam (Released), Dan Randall (Released), Clinton Mooney (Released), Corbyn Kilday (Swinton Lions UK), Hayden Buckman (Released), Lloyd Steigler (Released), Dean Allen (Norths Rockhampton), Sam Smith (Brisbane Broncos), Josh Tanner (Released)

Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Gains: Caleb Binge (Gold Coast Titans), Mitchell Cronin (Canberra Raiders), Yamba Bowie (NQ Cowboys NYC), Alex Barr (Brisbane Broncos NYC), Brendan McBryde (Brisbane Broncos NYC), Dan Wallace (retirement), Braxton Stanley (NZ Rugby Union/Warriors), Nick Harrold (Burleigh Bears)
Losses: Mitchell Frei (Sydney Roosters), Jason Moon (retired), Matt Grieve (Sunshine Coast Falcons), David Stagg (retired)

Norths Devils
Gains: Maeli Seve (Easts Tigers), Tristan Lumley (Redcliffe Dolphins), David Faamita (Souths Logan Magpies), Jack Mackin (Newcastle Knights), Jared Blanke (Southport Tigers), Dallas Wells (Cronulla Sharks), Paul Steele (rugby union), Todd Murphy (Cronulla Sharks), Jayden Berrell (Brisbane Broncos), Matiu Love-Henry (NZ Warriors), Paul Ulberg (NZ Warriors), Trae Clark (Port City Breakers), Jarryd Dodd (Brisbane Broncos), Rez Phillips (Souths Logan Magpies)
Losses: Byron Creighton (travelling), Joel Bailey (travelling), Dylan Galloway (work), Mark Vaiao (retired), Krys Freeman (Newcastle Knights)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Souths Logan Magpies
Gains:
Cameron Booth (Canberra Raiders NYC), Francis Fifita (Gold Coast Titans), Herman Ese’ese (Canterbury Bulldogs), Dan Russell (Brisbane Broncos), Terry Kepu (Logan Brothers), Savern Rapana (Currumbin Seagulls), Sam Scarlett (Penrith)
Losses: David Faamita (Norths Devils), Ben Thorburn (United Kingdom)

Northern Pride
Gains: Khan Ahwang (Burleigh Bears), RJ Opetaia-Halls (Central Capras), Brayden Torpy (Gold Coast Titans NYC), Akeripa Tia Kilifi (North Queensland Cowboys NYC), Ben Reuter (Innisfail Brothers), Col Wilkie (Innisfail Brothers)
Losses: Sam Obst (retired), Alex Starmer (retired), Hezron Murgha (Blackhawks), Jason Roos (retired), Brett Anderson (retired), Semi Tadulala (retired), Graham Clark (Canterbury Bulldogs), Nathan Wales (travel), Regan Verney (Mackay Cutters), Brent Oosen (work) Maddie Oosen (released), Dean McGilvray (released)

Redcliffe Dolphins
Gains: Jack Ahearn (Canberra Raiders), Sam Anderson (Penrith Panthers), Tyson Andrews (Manly Sea Eagles), Chris Gesch (Mackay Cutters), Christian Hazard (Gold Coast Titans/Burleigh Bears), Davin Crampton (Gold Coast Titans/Tweed Heads Seagulls), Rulon Nutira (Illawarra Cutters), Dan Randall (CQ Capras)
Losses: Darcy Etrich (Newcastle competition), Marty Hatfield (retired), Jon Green (retired), Trent Richardson (retired), Oliver Regan (Burleigh Bears), Tom Geraghty (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Martin Cordwell (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Tristan Lumley (Norths Devils)

Townsville Blackhawks
Gains:
Glenn Hall (NQ Cowboys), Hezron Murgha (Northern Pride / Cowboys NRL), Kyle Laybutt (NQ Cowboys NYC), Andrew Niemoeller (NQ Cowboys NYC), Temone Power (NQ Cowboys NYC), David Munro (NQ Cowboys), Kieran Quabba (NQ Cowboys NYC), Lona Kaifoto (Burdekin), Sam Foster (Tweed Heads Seagulls)
Losses:
Jack Kelleher (local league), Mitchell Seri (local league), Tyler Smith (local league), Dennis Tamarchio (local league), Tom Humble (year off), Ricky Thorby (retired), Chris McLean (retired)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
As you can see, I've been a little behind on the transfers in the ISC so there's plenty to discuss.

Of all those teams, I'd have to say that the Dolphins recruitment impresses me the most. In particular, if his NYC and NSW Cup form is anything to go by, Ahearn could really light the competition up in 2016. In fact, I'd be interested to know whether he's been afforded an affiliate deal with the Broncos. He may turn out to be another Tom Humble/Luke Capewell type of player, but given the lack of depth in the halves, I wouldn't be against handing him an audition. If Hook was coaching them, I'd have them right up there as premiership favourites but his departure makes things tougher to predict. I haven't heard anything about Mogg as a coach, so it will be interesting to see how he goes with all this talent.

At this stage, I don't see any reason why the Blackhawks can't go one step better. There's a lot of good NYC talent coming in and I think they should be able to make up for the likes of Humble, Thorby and McLean. On the other hand, I think the Pride will struggle given the high level of turn-over. It will be interesting to see how they go but I wouldn't be surprised to see them out of the premiership race fairly early as they look to build new combinations.

The Magpies have made a couple of astute signings but I struggle to see them as anything more than a fringe finals side.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
A few tidbits..

Sunshine Coast will be one of the big improvers next year.

Wynnum have picked up two good young backrowers in McBryde and Barr which will help counter the loss of Frei.

Norths surely can't go any worse. Hoping Maeli Seve can crack a regular Cup berth, dangerous footwork.

Will be very interesting to see how Easts go without Craig Ingebrigtsen. Brought so much to the club - can't speak highly enough of him really. Did a great job of galvanising the club.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
A few tidbits..

Wynnum have picked up two good young backrowers in McBryde and Barr which will help counter the loss of Frei.

Norths surely can't go any worse. Hoping Maeli Seve can crack a regular Cup berth, dangerous footwork.

Will be very interesting to see how Easts go without Craig Ingebrigtsen. Brought so much to the club - can't speak highly enough of him really. Did a great job of galvanising the club.

Where has Frei gone?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hunters have lost Minoga to Townsville, Ottio to the Raiders, Glare to the Sharks and the big one is Eliab to London.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
As you can see, I've been a little behind on the transfers in the ISC so there's plenty to discuss.

Of all those teams, I'd have to say that the Dolphins recruitment impresses me the most. In particular, if his NYC and NSW Cup form is anything to go by, Ahearn could really light the competition up in 2016. In fact, I'd be interested to know whether he's been afforded an affiliate deal with the Broncos. He may turn out to be another Tom Humble/Luke Capewell type of player, but given the lack of depth in the halves, I wouldn't be against handing him an audition. If Hook was coaching them, I'd have them right up there as premiership favourites but his departure makes things tougher to predict. I haven't heard anything about Mogg as a coach, so it will be interesting to see how he goes with all this talent.

At this stage, I don't see any reason why the Blackhawks can't go one step better. There's a lot of good NYC talent coming in and I think they should be able to make up for the likes of Humble, Thorby and McLean. On the other hand, I think the Pride will struggle given the high level of turn-over. It will be interesting to see how they go but I wouldn't be surprised to see them out of the premiership race fairly early as they look to build new combinations.

The Magpies have made a couple of astute signings but I struggle to see them as anything more than a fringe finals side.

Redcliffe have bought a whole new team every year for the last 3 years and it hasn't worked. Blackhawks had no choice the ridiculous amount of money they spent on the 2015 team couldn't be sustained and now they will have to use Cowboys NYC players.

Pride are a very resilient side and have only missed the finals once; they are very good at reinventing themselves and getting the best out of players.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
A few tidbits..

Freeman is a huge loss for the Devils.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'll take your word for it 1910, although I don't think the Blackhawks squad looks all that different from the gains/losses.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Marmin Barbs to Rugby 7's. Jet's have lost heaps of players now.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
David Fa'alogo to the Jets.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So what's the go with the Nona situation?

Mackay are saying they are releasing him to join the Dragons, but Dragons are denying any deal even happened.. Now the NRL are investigating it.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Wynnum Seagulls vs St George Dragons on Sat. Good to see Ogden back at fullback after missing half the season last year (injured).

Be interesting to see what the dragons bring.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Chris Garry is reporting Marmin Barba is returning to the Ipswich Jets. Any truth to that 1910?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Dunno why he'd lie about it..

Apparently he didn't enjoy his time in Rugby, so came back to League. We could do worse than signing him as wing depth, he's a hell of a player.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Chris Garry is reporting Marmin Barba is returning to the Ipswich Jets. Any truth to that 1910?

He's been training a few weeks; will play against Manly next week.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Looking at the ISC allocations Norths could have nearly all of their Broncos.

Francis Molo
Todd Murphy
Jayden Berrell
Brett Greinke
Jai Arrow
Jack Reed
And Nikorima.

Pretty good group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.