Is Jessica Watson going to die?

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
I don't have much faith in her after she hit that much larger boat.
I think she's gonna hit something and sink.

yeah she is gone. Cant see her finishing it or comming back

Haha, don't hold back with the thread title mate!

I don't like her chances TBH. I mean, how do you crash into a massive boat/ship or whatever it was? Did she not see it?

Hopefully she makes it through ok. But, being all alone for that time on such a weiner boat, i don't like her chances.

ningnangnong said:
Haha, don't hold back with the thread title mate!

I don't like her chances TBH. I mean, how do you crash into a massive boat/ship or whatever it was? Did she not see it?

Hopefully she makes it through ok. But, being all alone for that time on such a weiner boat, i don't like her chances.

[icon_lol1.

She may well struggle in certain spots like Cape Horn where the seas are all kinds of messed up.

I hope she doesn't die!!
I hope she makes it.

But above all else, I just hope she comes home safely, whether it's having sailed around the world or simply had to give up at some point.

I hope she hits something even larger than a Cargo Ship and has to stop, thus proving evryone right so we won't have to put up with the "we told you she could do it" from the few idiots who thought it was a great idea to let a 16 year old kid sail around the world in a pink flotation device.

I also hope in the event of her hitting said large object she isn't hurt.

I think actually hitting that boat was one of the best things for her as it exposed her lack of preparation thus allowing her to rectify certain things and be better prepared.

I doubt she will die - she has so many people watching her I think it will be a pretty quick save if she gets into serious trouble (although the Somali pirates are somewhat of a worry). As to whether she will actually make it all the way, I'm not so sure - I hope she does. But there is already another chick who is three months younger than her just about to set off (I think she's American and the younger sister of the guy who is currently the youngest person to sail solo around the world), so even if she does make it she probably won't hold the record for very long.

She's an idiot for trying to do it, but, whatever, it's her dream.

She's not even hot.

yeh and you cant sail the world unless your Hot :P

Flutterby said:
I think actually hitting that boat was one of the best things for her as it exposed her lack of preparation thus allowing her to rectify certain things and be better prepared.

I doubt she will die - she has so many people watching her I think it will be a pretty quick save if she gets into serious trouble (although the Somali pirates are somewhat of a worry). As to whether she will actually make it all the way, I'm not so sure - I hope she does. But there is already another chick who is three months younger than her just about to set off (I think she's American and the younger sister of the guy who is currently the youngest person to sail solo around the world), so even if she does make it she probably won't hold the record for very long.

Won't face much threat from Somali pirates with the course she's taking (heading south of Madagascar I believe, and Somali is well north of it, long way for them to go). Besides which she won't be carrying anything of value to them.

Frankly if she gets past Cape Horn at the southern tip of South America I think she's a long way to making it. That'll easily be the toughest part of the journey.

Meh - I haven't taken enough interest to know her route. And I only threw that in there cause as I was posting they were talking on the radio about some UK couple being attacked by Somali Pirates.

From a fellow sailors point of view, I don't think she will make it, although I hope I'm wrong. From a 16 yr old boys point of view, I'm hoping she'll make it through and prove all her critics wrong.

I don't think pirates are a worry, knowing her route. As for the storms, thats her major worry.

So far so good. You would have to think that the longer she lasts the more probable it is that she will succeed (how is that for an irish statement). I say that only because every day she is clocking up more experience which will make her better prepared for when it gets a bit hairy.

Sounds like she hit some rough weather a day or two ago but coped OK. Agree with you, the longer she goes, the more experience she gets and the more confident she'll be to handle some tough stuff to come.

Who cares if people think it's a bad idea. She has a goal and she wants to achieve it. I wish her luck.

Think about how boring this world would be if everyone said 'oh **** everyone thinks this is stupid, i best not do it'.

Hatchy said:
From a fellow sailors point of view, I don't think she will make it, although I hope I'm wrong. From a 16 yr old boys point of view, I'm hoping she'll make it through and prove all her critics wrong.

I don't think pirates are a worry, knowing her route. As for the storms, thats her major worry.

Didn't you just last week want to find a Sailing club so you could start sailing? eusa_think

Active Now

• theshed
  • Dreaglor
  • pagey
  • Griffo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Astro
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • kman
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.