VOTE Is the NRL Salary Cap Working?

Is the NRL Salary cap working?

• Total voters
I know where you're coming from and I'm on the record of saying that I would have preferred to have seen Manly keep DCE and Foran but in this hypothetical situation I believe you could keep both.

That way, the Cowboys can keep JT on without having to play plodders just to balance their squad.

And the Broncos can allow a player like Hodges to retire on his own terms without worrying about the cap.

I'd love to see either system implemented because at the end of the day, I love seeing loyalty and seeing the best combinations stick together.

It is a team game after all.

Moving the conversation right along, what do you guys make of the suggested marquee player system? Which players do you think should qualify and how would you determine it?

I'd like to see two marquee at every club, for us right now we'd surely be paying Parker and Hodges under it but in the future Hunt/McGuire.

Salary cap wise, I understand why we need it but would dearly love to see a well thought through system of rewards/discounts for both development and loyalty

Few fans really want to see the likes of a Locky changing teams

Although we have accepted DCE and Foran leaving Manly, I think for most of us we have done so because we hate Manly, but would probably admit it would've been better if they stayed

As for the War Chest, this is the biggest joke in RL (actually second biggest, the Welsh Banker is the biggest)

To me, the war chest shows he only cares about the bottom line in the budget, and not fairness across the clubs

If you want to address the issue of the big stars, you need to simply allow each club to play 1 player outside of the cap

Last edited:
Salary cap wise, I understand why we need it but would dearly love to see a well thought through system of rewards/discounts for both development and loyalty

Few fans really want to see the likes of a Locky changing teams

Although we have accepted DCE and Foran leaving Manly, I think for most of us we have done so because we hate Manly, but would probably admit it would've been better if they stayed

As for the War Chest, this is the biggest joke in RL (actually second biggest, the Welsh Banker is the biggest)

To me, the war chest shows he only cares about the bottom line in the budget, and not fairness across the clubs

If you want to address the issue of the big stars, you need to simply allow each club to play 1 player outside of the cap
Or even 2-3 players that only 50% count under the cap, this would allow most clubs to keep their best players from leaving the game and this "war chest", be used to cover the other 50%.

Seriously I don't care who gets this war chest money but it's going to be a cop out if it happens. There's no fair way to run such a ridiculous system.

Let's hope the NRL use the war chest to make Sam Burger a Bronco!

Let's hope the NRL use the war chest to make Sam Burger a Bronco!
I want this to happen only to see the rage from everyone that's not a Broncos fan.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
  • Manlyman
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.