Is the Top 8 out of reach?

I suppose it's better to get all our injuries out of the way at the start of the season as opposed to the end!

Bull_Shark said:
lynx000 said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bull_Shark":wjau7pgd]Of course its possible, anything is possible but its not going to happen imo. Before the season kicked off I pegged Brisbane for about 10 wins, now I have them pegged for less. Sure injuries ect are a problem now but even if and when they get some key personel back they still don't have the right mix imo.

And the thing that's most disappointing to me atm are the cracks that are wdening in the club's once enviable culture. Alf's drinking episode, players stood down for diciplinary reasons ... They're not massive issues, but they do suggest that the ship isn't being run as tightly as it used to.

Julian O'Neil says hi, the drinking episode is nothing new its just more out there with todays media.

lolgood comeback. Yes, I think we can make it, but I think we can forget any hope of top 4. We have to try and avoid 7 and 8th position if possible because that will most likely result in an away final against Melbourne or St George and we will be out after one game.

what do you mean "good comeback" ? Does any post that doesn't revolve around ****-eyed optimism regarding the Broncos require a retaliatory "comeback" ?

If it's ok by you, I'd like to suggest that "avoiding 7th or 8th position" is a dilema the Broncos would DREAM of having at this point in time. Finding a way to avoid the wooden spoon, now there's a far more pressing issue for this group of Broncos in 2010.[/quote:wjau7pgd]

Are you feeling a little senstive, bull? Bit of a misread by you, the good comeback comment related to the Julian O'Neill aspect of the comment and that fact that there has always been that aspect to the `culture'. Bull, I respect your right to an opinion, but if you are just going to come on and death ride the team for the rest of the season, it is going to get old very quickly. You may very well be right, but I prefer to support my team rather than kick it when it is down.

Anything's possible, just refer to 1999 for that. Very tough, but we can still make the eight. Hell, Parra looked like being in a tussle for the wooden spoon after 10 rounds last year, and they almost won the farking thing!

they'll be right, after this week providing we don't get anymore injuries, Kenny, Izzy, Yow Yeh should all be back for the sharks as well as Teo' & Winterstein... If we can win against the sharks and get parker back for the dogs we will be back on track...

Yeah, we'll be fine.... if I say it enough it's bound to happen right? (not a dig at you nopatience, just trying to be positive)

we play the sharks soon. Whoever loses that will get the spoon. Anyone know what the odds are of us finishing last?

Bet you (triple or nothing) that we don't get the spoon

Aeetee said:
we play the sharks soon. Whoever loses that will get the spoon. Anyone know what the odds are of us finishing last?

Wooden spoon odds have been suspended all week for some reason [icon_shru

Sports bet

Broncos 5.50
Knights 4.00
Sharks 2.10

Aeetee said:
rubbish... that game is only rd6 mate...

The Rock said:
I dunno, but we're $41.00 to win the premiership!

Seriously, if we get this team back on paper before our run home, can any one tell me why we couldn't win the premiership?

1. Norman
2. Winterstien
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Kemp
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Tronc
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Gillett

14. Glenn
16. Andersoin
17. Teo
18. Sims

Premiership winning side right there. I'm going to put $20 on the Broncos to win it!

Wait till after this week. Watch the odds go to $50

Yeah agreed, we won't go near the the spoon. At full strength we are a top 8 side. We just have no depth.

Depending on how we go going into the bye. The only gimme is the Sharks and even with them they will be up a bit after getting a win last weekend.

The comp is too close to be trying to play catch up this year.

Je$ter said:
Depending on how we go going into the bye. The only gimme is the Sharks and even with them they will be up a bit after getting a win last weekend.

The comp is too close to be trying to play catch up this year.

Yep easy beats, just ask Parramatta, and they dropped less ball, had less offloads and missed less tackles than us and still got beaten. Yep, easy win here eusa_think

Having Folau back and the boys looking for redemption in front of there home crowd after the Warriors debacle. I think we will win by 30+

Parra proved last year that it's never out of reach, but it'll take a lot of work.

Easy. Definitely, if the attitude and commitment continue to grow on the Dragons game example.

... and keep Gillett as starting lock for the rest of the year, and Glenn at centre till Hodges returns, with Kemp as FB when he returns.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • mitch222
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ffs...
  • BooKhaki
  • Ondi
  • Galah
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Mustafur
  • Maroon4life
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.