Israel Folau

Can you really pay a centre 1mil though? It's one thing to pay one of the most decorated players in the history of the game 1mil a season to be your hooker, captain and leader. It's another to do it for a centre who IMO offers little in the way of leadership or spine impact.

The game is obviously changing in terms of player values, but I still don't think in terms of on field returns you can justify it. Certainly to the game of Rugby League he is worth much more than 1mil a season, but to a team's performances? I'm inclined to think not, but you never know.

I prefer Hurrell to Folau because of this salary cap thing we have to abide by. Folau is obviously a better player but I doubt we can afford him.

FWIW, if given the option of Hurrell or Khunt at the same price, Hurrell 24/7.

I reckon Hurrell will be asking for some big coin. Not sure he would be worth much more than 330k

If it could happen it would be a great backline.

1.Barba
2.Vidot
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Copley
6.Milford
7.B.Hunt

1.Barba
2.Vidot
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Copley
6.Milford
7.B.Hunt

and then when Hodges retires in a couple of years (or for his half the year that he is injured) Copley gets his preferred center position

Yeah I actually like Copley at Centre more then wing. I'd prefer him over Reed any day.

What makes everyone so sure we would even need to spend 1 mil?

Wasn't the Eels deal worth 750k a season? That's a reasonable price for a bloke like Folau.

1.Barba
2.Vidot
3.Folau
4.Hodges
5.Copley
6.Milford
7.B.Hunt

That wouldn't look too shabby as a representative backline, providing Barba gets back to form.

Rugby World Cup next year.

No way ARU would release him. I'd take him in a heart beat but it won't happen.

He's a freakish talent and I'd love to see him back in league but the ARU won't let him go easily.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Aldo
  • mrslong
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.