Issy Playing for Tonga?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
The player NSW wanted banned from representative football, Israel Folau, is set to leave rugby league with a fairytale Test match in the heart of western Sydney.

Folau has told officials he wants to represent his native Tonga for the first time when they play fierce Pacific rivals Samoa on October 24.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Thoughts?

IMO if he wants to play for Tonga he should be allowed to. He is a Rugby League player until 31 October, so until then he should be selected to play league matches for which he is eligible. And if Australia don't want to pick him because Geoff Carr and co are whiny bitches, then we forfeit our right to prevent him playing for Tonga as far as I am concerned.

Yep I agree, let him play.

I've got no problem with him playing for Tonga. Would be interesting if they said to him he can play for Tonga, but if he returns to league he has to play international matches for Tonga and not Australia.

Geoff Carr is such a douchebag. He has a vendetta against Folau. I hope Izzy plays just to rub it in his face.

Mister Wright said:
I've got no problem with him playing for Tonga. Would be interesting if they said to him he can play for Tonga, but if he returns to league he has to play international matches for Tonga and not Australia.

that won't happen otherwise Hayne would have to be playing for Fiji. as the rule stands he is allowed to change allegiances if he hasn't played for that particular country for two years.

Imagine the odds to be him as the FTS for Tonga lol

I don't care anymore TBH. Once Origin is over, rep footy is over.

..fair enough. let the kid play. what's the worst that could happen? lol.

I say let him play no harm in it, most of us don't go for the curtain raiser anyway and normally turn up just intime for the main game :D

I never knew Issy kicked with his left foot. Willie Tonga better watch out on Friday night then.

Active Now

• Allo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.