Jake Friend arrested over taxi incident

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

SYDNEY Roosters hooker Jake Friend's career is in doubt after he was arrested and charged by police following an altercation with a taxi driver.

The 19-year-old was charged with using offensive language towards police and failing to pay his taxi fare following an incident early on Sunday morning.

Friend, who was stood down by the NRL club earlier this year after being caught drink-driving, was arrested in Randwick, in Sydney's east.

Police said in a statement they arrested a 19-year-old man after a taxi driver sought assistance from officers when he was unable to wake his intoxicated passenger.

The statement said the officers located the sleeping teenager in the taxi and made unsuccessful attempts to wake him.

Problem? The photo that's with the article:
0,,7298049,00.jpg

I didn't realise Nathan and Jake were twins......or that Jake liked to train in Titans gear while at the Roosters...

Ha! I'm too quick for them :-)

so hang on.......he fell asleep in the taxi, and the police found him like that and arrested him for failing to pay the taxi fare? doesnt that seem a bit unfair to anyone? he was obviously passed out, couldnt someone just get him to pay for the taxi when he woke up instead of arresting him?

SYDNEY Roosters hooker Jake Friend's career is in doubt after he was arrested and charged by police following an altercation with a taxi driver.

The 19-year-old was charged with using offensive language towards police and failing to pay his taxi fare following an incident early on Sunday morning.

Friend, who was stood down by the NRL club earlier this year after being caught drink-driving, was arrested in Randwick, in Sydney's east.

Police said in a statement they arrested a 19-year-old man after a taxi driver sought assistance from officers when he was unable to wake his intoxicated passenger.

The statement said the officers located the sleeping teenager in the taxi and made unsuccessful attempts to wake him.

He was finally woken and removed from the vehicle, but officers allege Friend became abusive towards police and refused to pay his taxi fare before being taken to Maroubra police station.

Friend has been bailed to appear at Waverley Local Court on January 13, 2010.

The move is yet another blow to the Roosters, who were plagued with alcohol-related problems by players during the 2009 season.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said he had been made aware of the incident, and was waiting to hear more information from the Roosters before making a comment on Friend's future

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

I'd hate to see his career ruined. He has a lot of potential as a hooker IMO. You'd think so far it would be between him and McCullough for the QLD spot when Smith retires.

Alec said:
I'd hate to see his career ruined. He has a lot of potential as a hooker IMO. You'd think so far it would be between him and McCullough for the QLD spot when Smith retires.

That's entirely up to him. Drop the drink, stop being a dick and maybe he can salvage his career.

Alec said:
You'd think so far it would be between him and McCullough for the QLD spot when Smith retires.

Geez, how far ahead are you thinking. Smith may look 40 but he's only 26. Easily has a good 5-6 years left in him imo.

The Rock said:
[quote="Anonymous person":1yswvmwt]so hang on.......he fell asleep in the taxi, and the police found him like that and arrested him for failing to pay the taxi fare? doesnt that seem a bit unfair to anyone? he was obviously passed out, couldnt someone just get him to pay for the taxi when he woke up instead of arresting him?

Going by the story, the Cops woke him up and once he was awake he refused to pay the taxi fair then become abusive towards Police.

If that's the story then it's fair enough.[/quote:1yswvmwt]
yeah thats the story now, it wasnt on the original article that has since been taken down :). if that is the case, he deserves it.

It was on the original article. I only copied the first few paragraphs.

oh ok, well i only read what you posted. my mistake i suppose. although the writer couldve just said that in the first place lol.

After the third incident. Better late than never I suppose.

Right decision was made, pity it wasn't earlier.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Manifesto
  • Manlyman
  • GCBRONCO
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.