NEWS Jake Turpin’s good form key to securing Brisbane Broncos contract

Geez, it's like a budget Gladiator cut. My name is Maximus Turpinus
Ask your barber for a Caesar Cut. It's this year's look.

Attachments

• brad-pitt-caesar cut.jpg
    brad-pitt-caesar cut.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
This thread has been re-opened. We take this opportunity to remind posters that media articles must be posted word-for-word.

Last edited:
Ask your barber for a Caesar Cut. It's this year's look.

That’s Brad Pitt’s undercut from 5 years ago. Not even remotely the same hair cut as Turpin. Turpin’s is a skin fade with a short textured top. The Cletus is far more accurate.

Re-sign this kid already. He’s a gun.

That’s Brad Pitt’s undercut from 5 years ago. Not even remotely the same hair cut as Turpin. Turpin’s is a skin fade with a short textured top. The Cletus is far more accurate.

Re-sign this kid already. He’s a gun.

7A5250F2 27B1 4DAC BFE5 07DC1EAA0F62

The fact he was a half before becoming a hooker is really beneficial in assisting our halves. It means he understands what the halves want, where to put the ball and provide them with the service they need. This is potentially a reason milford has looked more confident even though he is still considered the dominant half.

He has a lot of subtleties that he has in his game, even just the shift of his feet just prior to the play the ball so the markers dont know which direction he is passing.

I like how Turpin sometimes darts out to one side, beats the markers, and then throws a ball back across the ruck to a forward. He knows his craft and misdirection is part of what a hooker should be doing. Macca doesn't have any of that really, he just passes and tackles, although he has learnt to take a run at more appropriate moments under Seibold this year.

I like how Turpin sometimes darts out to one side, beats the markers, and then throws a ball back across the ruck to a forward. He knows his craft and misdirection is part of what a hooker should be doing. Macca doesn't have any of that really, he just passes and tackles, although he has learnt to take a run at more appropriate moments under Seibold this year.
Well this is not right. Macca often does this exact same thing, although granted "darting" may be pushing it.

The only thing I don't like when any of our DH's run is that no one comes with them.

I think from what I've seen only Seggy has the speed to bust the line on his own... so when either Turpin or Macca run it's basically just a 10m hitup.

It's pretty obvious when Seibs wants them to run (quick ptb and/or 1 or 0 markers) as he instructed Cook to do the same last year, so the halves and fullback should see this building from the ruck and be right off their hip as support.

As soon as anyone sees the ptb breaking down it should be a trigger to the whole team that the DH will be running straight up the guts so they should all be working up through the middle as support.

Yeah, this shits me constantly as well. Where is the support sniffing around behind the ruck? Any other half-decent fullback is right there, waiting for an opportunity.

The halves could do much more to support the break, too. They seem too focussed on structure atm.

It has to be Milford in my opinion. He’s the only guy I can see running the length of field for a try now that Roberts is gone.

Yeah, this shits me constantly as well. Where is the support sniffing around behind the ruck? Any other half-decent fullback is right there, waiting for an opportunity.

The halves could do much more to support the break, too. They seem too focussed on structure atm.
Agreed, this is what the elite halves and fullbacks do. When ever there was a break, slater and tedesco were there, as was 2015 milford.

How often when something like a break or loose ball occur, did u find locky or thurston nearby. The elite players always follow the ball, it just seems to find them.

Sign Turpin up to a better deal and keep him as the No 1 Hooker. McC will see the writing on the wall and push for a release.....let McC go.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • big k
  • Bish
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.