Jake Turpin Discussion

I want Turpin out of here as much as anyone else but using the last couple of games as examples as to why paix should be picked ahead of him are laughable. Paix hasn't been bad but he hasn't been good either. It could also be a coincidence and/or poor timing with forward pack on, momentum or team fatigue but our defence has looked far worse with him on as well. Not blaming him, just sating that these games should not be used as reasons to pick paix over Turpin...

I would like to actually see Gamble brought in with Walters back to the bench. But I think next game isn't the game to do it, but this game should be make or break pending paix having a break out game or Turpin shitting the bed....

I think the backs are a lot harder to sort out. I never thought I'd say this but I think niu is a big loss. Cobbo just isn't ready, he looks unfit and doesn't chase the play at all. Niu was sniffing around a lot lately and even covered cobbo with the cleary bombs well. He was building a great understanding with Reynolds. Also, I thought hoeter was among our best, really solid debut. But I wanna see what periera brings us. Brenko Lee would also do a job. Our backs depth has surprised me with its quality this year, but our spine and to a lesser extent our forwards depth needs work next year.
I feel like most people are saying
9. Walters
14. Paix

It really is quite incredible how poorly served this club has been in this position over the last decade.. not to mention most other ‘spine’ positions as well.

in regards to Turpin, I cannot comprehend his sheer reluctance to RUN.. he is literally letting his NRL future die a slow death..

It really is quite incredible how poorly served this club has been in this position over the last decade.. not to mention most other ‘spine’ positions as well.

in regards to Turpin, I cannot comprehend his sheer reluctance to RUN
Have we ever really had world class hookers at the club?

Ennis and Priddis probably the best we've had, along with Berrigan although that didn't last long.
I did think of Ennis but he didn’t really get to do much while with us from memory. Barrigan was make shift but it worked well. He’d be great in the current game.

Have we ever really had world class hookers at the club?
Yeah, that’s exactly my point .. it’s absurd in the extreme how sloppy and complacent and neglectful the Broncos have been in regards to this key position for such a long time..

Of course, in the good old days when the broncos were a brilliantly run football organisation, we did have a procession of terrific number 9s.. think of Luke Priddis, Richard Swain, PJ Marsh, Shaun Berrigan & Michael Ennis..

I did think of Ennis but he didn’t really get to do much while with us from memory. Barrigan was make shift but it worked well. He’d be great in the current game.
I loved what Ennis brought to the Broncos.. along with being a real spark plug as a #9, he also brought that villain factor and that really extroverted gamesmanship that was a point of difference at the club

think of Luke Priddis, Richard Swain, PJ Marsh, Shaun Berrigan & Michael Ennis..
Don't remind me of Richard Swain.

Brisbane had an opportunity to sign a Melbourne Storm #9 and they chose Swain...

Marsh was only 5 years too late as well unfortunately.

Don't remind me of Richard Swain.

Brisbane had an opportunity to sign a Melbourne Storm #9 and they chose Swain...

Marsh was only 5 years too late as well unfortunately.
Yep, Swain was a bust.

Conescue, Kerrod Walters, Priddis, Ennis and Berrigan have been the only world class hookers I can think of and we didn’t get the best of Ennis and Berrigan was short term.

in regards to Turpin, I cannot comprehend his sheer reluctance to RUN.. he is literally letting his NRL future die a slow death..

That is very disrespectful to Andrew McCullough. He waved to me when he scored a try in a prelim final against the Roosters.

I’m a bit of a Turpin fan, he is what he is. I sorta want paix to get a start so people can see he’s not the answer at this point. I’m figuring he’d only last roughly 40 mins if he started at this stage of his career. I think turps is the best starting option we have but can see the benefit in going to market for the right signing.

Can’t say as I’m surprised or unhappy that they’re letting him go.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Morepudding
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • something
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.