James Maloney

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
According to mole could be heading to Nrl.
Got till midnight tonite to register woth Nrl.
We are linked. Could do worse.

We need to improve our defence, I know, let's add the single worst defensive player in NRL history!

Hard pass.

If it were 2014 I'd say absolutely, but his defence and discipline became so much of an issue in the last couple of years of his career that he was almost certainly costing the Panthers more points than he was adding.

Now he's a year older and hasn't even been playing footy over the last few months, absolutely bonkers idea.

I'd be getting him in on the cheap as injury coverage, nothing more. What is this situation he is in with Super League? Is he underperforming even over there? Because yeesh. Being a 2 time NRL premiership winning half struggling in Super League is not a good look for a player his age.

I'd be getting him in on the cheap as injury coverage, nothing more. What is this situation he is in with Super League? Is he underperforming even over there? Because yeesh. Being a 2 time NRL premiership winning half struggling in Super League is not a good look for a player his age.

There is no Super League.

They only played 4 games and it hasn't returned. His deal is clouded for reasons not related to performance. Financial.

I would take him until Milford's deal is up and we find a more permanent solution.

Even at his age, he's still in good shape and hasn't deteriorated. He's still able to put in good performances and doesn't leave anything out on the field. Provides good leadership, and he provides experience.

The issue is starting from scratch when he's gone.

However, it's all moot because we can't afford him.

We need to improve our defence, I know, let's add the single worst defensive player in NRL history!

Hard pass.

If it were 2014 I'd say absolutely, but his defence and discipline became so much of an issue in the last couple of years of his career that he was almost certainly costing the Panthers more points than he was adding.

Now he's a year older and hasn't even been playing footy over the last few months, absolutely bonkers idea.

We need to improve our attack. I know, lets persist with the useless halves we have!

We need to improve our attack. I know, lets persist with the useless halves we have!

Pretty hard to improve your attack when you're spending 70% of the game down your end of the field due to poor coaching, poor defensive tactics and lack of determination.

The absolute last thing we need right now is a half who puts in zero effort defensively and has no discipline with and without the footy in hand.

Last year, here are Maloney's numbers:

22 games - 122 missed tackles (Worst in NRL), 26 penalties conceded (Worst in NRL), 21 errors.

There was a very good reason the Panthers were chuffed to see him go, he was a complete liability in every aspect of the game (except for when he had the ball within 20m of the opposition goal line, which we never are).

Pretty hard to improve your attack when you're spending 70% of the game down your end of the field due to poor coaching, poor defensive tactics and lack of determination.

The absolute last thing we need right now is a half who puts in zero effort defensively and has no discipline with and without the footy in hand.

Last year, here are Maloney's numbers:

22 games - 122 missed tackles (Worst in NRL), 26 penalties conceded (Worst in NRL), 21 errors.

There was a very good reason the Panthers were chuffed to see him go, he was a complete liability in every aspect of the game (except for when he had the ball within 20m of the opposition goal line, which we never are).

He could have killed 30000 babies yesterday and I would still want Maloney here.

How do his stats compare to our useless pricks?

Maloney is trash in D but so is Milf, at least maloney is a far better kicker, and much more of a leader than Milf could ever dream of.

I would take him purely to demote Milf.

How do his stats compare to our useless pricks?

Similar in terms of amount of errors (most halves are around that 20-25 area), not even in the same stratosphere in terms of missed tackles and penalties conceded.

2019 -

Maloney - 22 games - 122 missed tackles, 26 penalties conceded, 21 errors.
Croft - 22 games - 53 missed tackles, 4 penalties conceded, ? errors (can't find).
Milford - 24 games - 48 missed tackles, 9 penalties conceded, 23 errors.

Can you imagine how many repeat sets of 6 Maloney would give away in a Broncos uniform? lmao. We'd have 20% possession every week.

Similar in terms of amount of errors (most halves are around that 20-25 area), not even in the same stratosphere in terms of missed tackles and penalties conceded.

2019 -

Maloney - 22 games - 122 missed tackles, 26 penalties conceded, 21 errors.
Croft - 22 games - 53 missed tackles, 4 penalties conceded, ? errors (can't find).
Milford - 24 games - 48 missed tackles, 9 penalties conceded, 23 errors.

Can you imagine how many repeat sets of 6 Maloney would give away in a Broncos uniform? lmao. We'd have 20% possession every week.

Still better than the babies. Lets make a play for him.

Still better than the babies. Lets make a play for him.

NiftyMindlessGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

Just out of curiosity, how does this differ from our current 6?

The only difference I can think of is that Milford puts in no effort in every aspect, not just defence.

Maloney would absolutely put the opposition in two minds whenever we were in possesion, his kicking game and game management were also first class.

The guy has won premierships for god sakes !

Our crew could learn a lot from him.

yes please, a proper footballer, we are very much lacking in that department.

With Hopoate leaving it would free up another spot

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.