OFFICIAL James Roberts granted immediate release

You are missing the most important point, Wayne gets him, he knows the secrets to get the best out of Roberts, we should be seeing that .....

"I will fix James"

Much harder to like the guy now that he's elsewhere, especially when he says things like this.

I’ve already forgotten Roberts was even a nrl player. Watched a bit of the Souths game last weekend and didn’t notice him once lol. I’m not saying it out of spite, I just completely forgot he even went to Souths. Am I the only one?

I’ve felt pretty much the same which has been strange as I loved him as a player when he was with us just for his pure speed, excitement and game breaking ability.

However his weaknesses over the last 12 months have been outshining his strengths. What he can do with the ball is sublime and world class, which is all well and good but it is dependent on satisfying the criteria that 1. Jimmy is in the mood and 2. That you can actually get him the ball early with space in a decent point on the field which is easier said than done.

What magnifies this is the fact that wingers have now become more important than centres in attack and because of that, centres now more than ever have more onus on them to have their defense part of their game water tight as they have to make the key defensive reads on sweeping back line plays. Roberts has never been a good defender and for a while he covered up this part of his game with pure speed to chase down anyone that got around him.

I’ll still miss some of those big moments he provided for us but Roberts was and is a luxury player with a flimsy attitude and a chronic Achilles injury and is not a player we could afford to hold onto and hope he came good under the current Broncos clean out.

Remains to be seen if his good can outshine his bad consistently for Souths but I wouldn’t put money on it. Can’t help but think he would be one of those players that if he was playing at the Storm and alongside Munster and Smith would probably become the best centre in the game within a 12 months.

Can’t help but think he would be one of those players that if he was playing at the Storm and alongside Munster and Smith would probably become the best centre in the game within a 12 months.

Honestly I don't think he could handle the expectations as far as training and performance that Bellamy wants from his players at the Storm.........he couldn't handle it here when Seibs expected more and Seibs doesn't appear to be on Bellamy's level.

Just have to say how bloody glad I am this lazy bum of a player is out of our club.

How many articles of

"Broncos need to find a way to get Roberts into the game" or "Wayne is the right man to get the best out of Roberts" or "Broncos halves don't give The Jet enough ball"

All bullshit. Onus is on him and him alone to go looking for work, call for the ball and put things on.

He was dumped by Seibold for being useless in D due to a poor attitude and a lazy trainer / player. The kind of guy who kicks stones and asks for a release instead of owning his place and responsibility to the TEAM .

Now the articles read "South Sydney are better off without Roberts" are circling.

Congrats to Seibold for making some great retention decisions this year.

Kahu: barely in first grade, still riddled with injuries

Nikorima: still struggling to nail down a starting halves spot

Roberts: As above on both counts.

McGuire: (though he denies he was responsible but he would've been tipped for an opinion)

was asking too much , poor discipline which should of been longer on the sidelines, of he was upgraded we would of had even more of a cap mess.

Credit where due. The coach is getting criticized for letting too many senior players go but is that really on him if the senior group are mediocre and not proving a difference? That's on the club and previous management.

Clearly don't get me started on the other contacts and senior players we are now stuck having to phase out of first grade.

Just have to say how bloody glad I am this lazy bum of a player is out of our club.

How many articles of

"Broncos need to find a way to get Roberts into the game" or "Wayne is the right man to get the best out of Roberts" or "Broncos halves don't give The Jet enough ball"

All bullshit. Onus is on him and him alone to go looking for work, call for the ball and put things on.

He was dumped by Seibold for being useless in D due to a poor attitude and a lazy trainer / player. The kind of guy who kicks stones and asks for a release instead of owning his place and responsibility to the TEAM .

Now the articles read "South Sydney are better off without Roberts" are circling.

McGuire: (though he denies he was responsible but he would've been tipped for an opinion)

was asking too much , poor discipline which should of been longer on the sidelines, of he was upgraded we would of had even more of a cap mess.

Credit where due. The coach is getting criticized for letting too many senior players go but is that really on him if the senior group are mediocre and not proving a difference? That's on the club and previous management.

Clearly don't get me started on the other contacts and senior players we are now stuck having to phase out of first grade.
McGuire is the only iffy one and Seibold claims he was decided before he got here. At the time I was upset about Kahu only because he would have been a great depth option, but then the stories of how our cap was a mess came out and it probably was right to let him move on.

How many articles of

It really is crazy to think how many of our club favourites or long term serving players (mostly from the 08 class) have finished their time here under awkward circumstances. I don’t know if any other club has gone through it like this.

Boyd
Macca
Roberts (doesn’t quite fit the criteria)
Gillett
Kodi
Hunt
McGuire
Thaiday
Norman
Hoffman
Maranta
Wallace

Is Arrow the only player in the last 5 years that we haven’t been happy to see the back of outside of Hodges and Parker?

i thought he asked for proof ... not biased opinion

Sure, I mean it’s entirely possible the team that was going backwards fast was suddenly over the cap, despite in 35 odd years it never being an issue for a Bennett team. It’s possible.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.