NEWS James Roberts ready for NSW Origin crack: Kahu

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
How long do NSW’s props maintain a high level? RCG could be the next Tim Grant. Their depth works against them - the moment another one as a good 6 months the incumbents get the boot and, as expected, put in a decent performance then taper off. No different to young club players. Wrecks their careers when they should be held on to and allowed to learn consistency at rep level.

If I were NSW’s coach I’d have a squad of 25 every year in addition to the Emerging camp. Bring one or two rookies in but also the seasoned fringe players. Keep them involved so they don’t feel like spent rejects and get to keep working inside the elite rep-level squad. They already do it with 18th and 19th man, it’s just an extension of that.
Great idea. But the club's wouldn't go for it

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Great idea. But the club's wouldn't go for it

The clubs already allow the 18th and 19th man to be released for a few days to join the squad. An extra 6 players on top of that, out of 16 clubs, means that it will hardly make an impact. So yeah, the clubs would freak out.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.