James Roberts signs with the Brisbane Broncos

Yeww

Seeing him in open space will be awesome, but his ability to turn a 2 on 2 into an overlap with his speed is gonna be lethal

1. darius boyd
2. corey oats
3. james roberts
4. dale copley
5. jordan kahu
6. anthony milford
7. ben hunt
8. josh mcguire
9. athony Mccullough
10. adam blair
11. alex glen
12. sam thaiday
13. corey parker

14. jarrad wallace
15. matt gillet
16. joe ofenguae
17. kodi nikorima

only thing is that you kinda need three props but sam thaiday could come of on some time though the game and then rotate with adam blair or josh mcguire at prop and just leave matt gillet at second row then for like the first twenty minutes broncos have pretty much three props to take the hit ups and also three powerful hitters. This idea would be so broncos can start like a powerhouse and blow there opponent out tof the game early

Well I didn't really want to sign him but boy with him and Milf, we have some pace out there!
Speed we have lacked for ages, outside of Milford joining the club haven't really had speed like this since Yow Yeh.

Absolute morals next year! Ill be having a large wager on us winning the premiership next year! Get On!

giphy.gif

Great signing and it sounds like the Broncos were able to learn a thing or two from one of my all-time favourite movies Moneyball and sign him on a steal.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Roberts adjusts next season. It's one thing to play well in sub-par teams, it's another to play well with a team like the Broncos who have serious premiership aspirations. Hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him and he's able to improve his game with the club.

Also, I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for. On one hand, there's Dale Copley who will surely make way for Roberts. On the other, there's Super Freak who is going to spend every waking minute coming up with highlights packages.

Will be watching the 9s tourny a bit closer this year!!

I will wait and see if we lose any players before making a comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Bennett keeps him in line, he could be an amazing signing.

There is only Bennett to thank for this signing. He's brought back the aura

Enjoy the tears on other forums boys and girls, it's great!

Ya gotta feel for those Souths supporters who thought they had him.....NOTTTTT!!! Bahahaha

He really will look like Steve Renouf in our heritage jersey.

How long until the Auckland Nines? I doubt we send Hunt, but even so, we're going to be electric.

Anthony Milford
James Roberts
Kodi Nikorima
Carlin Anderson

:proud:

If last year's nines squad is anything to go by we won't send knik, Roberts or Milford!

I don't think Wayne cares about the nines.

giphy.gif

Great signing and it sounds like the Broncos were able to learn a thing or two from one of my all-time favourite movies Moneyball and sign him on a steal.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Roberts adjusts next season. It's one thing to play well in sub-par teams, it's another to play well with a team like the Broncos who have serious premiership aspirations. Hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him and he's able to improve his game with the club.

Also, I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for. On one hand, there's Dale Copley who will surely make way for Roberts. On the other, there's Super Freak who is going to spend every waking minute coming up with highlights packages.

Feel more sorry for me.

To hell with Copley, he at leasts gets paid. I don't.

Can anyone else smell that? That's the smell of our 7th premiership!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • MasterWright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.