James Roberts

We've got the next few weeks to work it out - or our season is done. Pretty simple. If we can't win 5-6 from the next 8 or so, we won't win the comp. Which is what every Broncos fan wants THIS year.

We could win it would just make it difficult.

Yeah if we don't get out of this slump shit we won't win it. That simple. We can't aim for bouncing back 4-5 weeks from now. Need to do it tomorrow night and from then on.

Roberts shouldn't be waiting for the ball to arrive to him, he should go looking for some involvement

If he's focusing on defence, it makes sense that he stays put.

Yeah if we don't get out of this slump shit we won't win it. That simple. We can't aim for bouncing back 4-5 weeks from now. Need to do it tomorrow night and from then on.

Not sure why people are so worried.

This isn't new to us. This is a common theme for the Broncos.

People need to have a little faith.

It may not happen tomorrow, it may not happen next week, but the Broncos will bounce back.

All it will take is one ugly win.

Last edited:
He needs a roving commision when we're in attack.
Let him roam around the middle of the ruck looking for offloads from the forwards...or have the halves turn him under against a lazy defence.
I still can't work out why our gameplan doesn't include him ???

It probably does, but he has been known to be a little lazy in the past.

Not sure why people are so worried.

This isn't new to us. This is a common theme for the Broncos.

People need to have a little faith.

It may not happen tomorrow, it may not happen next week, but the Broncos will bounce back.

All it will take is one ugly win.

I think it is just that it didn't happen last year, so people were expected it to be like last year with Hunt and Milford taking control.

I think it is just that it didn't happen last year, so people were expected it to be like last year with Hunt and Milford taking control.

I want a premiership this year...but it's not looking likely. I'm sure the Broncos will bounce back, but as I said, If they don't string some wins together soon, they won't win the comp. Despite the good w/l ratio to start the year, there wasn't too much dominance. Certainly the Cows, Sharks and Storm look far ahead of us. We need to turn this shit around.

I want a premiership this year...but it's not looking likely. I'm sure the Broncos will bounce back, but as I said, If they don't string some wins together soon, they won't win the comp. Despite the good w/l ratio to start the year, there wasn't too much dominance. Certainly the Cows, Sharks and Storm look far ahead of us. We need to turn this shit around.

They may look far ahead now, but let's just see where we are when finals come around.

Roberts shouldn't be waiting for the ball to arrive to him, he should go looking for some involvement

Agree with the sentiment that he is a very lazy footballer.

The only problem with this suggestion is that on the few occasions he goes looking for work and is faced with a straight line of defence -- then he runs like a scared girl and goes backwards 5 metres. Every single fucking time.

Kid needs some angry pills, a few spoonfuls of concrete and a some digits out of his arse.

This might be controversial, but I'd say so far this guy has been a Barba/Kennedy level signing for us. I said it early about those guys too, and a lot of people probably thought the same but didn't want to admit it. The lucky thing is that Bennett is a far better coach than Griffindor, so there's every chance Roberts could turn it around.,

This might be controversial, but I'd say so far this guy has been a Barba/Kennedy level signing for us. I said it early about those guys too, and a lot of people probably thought the same but didn't want to admit it. The lucky thing is that Bennett is a far better coach than Griffindor, so there's every chance Roberts could turn it around.,

Barba was way better signing than Kennedy. He was only with us for one season and wasn't terrible like Kennedy was.
Barba is a victim of the Hook diet, injury and timing.

Roberts is fine in attack. We need to use that side more often. Defense might need work but he should get there.

Roberts has had at least one good game (against the Cowboys), so he is already mile ahead of Kennedy.

Roberts has had at least one good game (against the Cowboys), so he is already mile ahead of Kennedy.

In this game he made a break straight up the middle and split a couple of tired forwards (Milford finished with a try). IMO this is where he isn't reading the game, Hodgo would see the defence on the backfoot and sneak out of dummy half and either break the line or create a hole for someone else...Jimmy has the wheels to go on the outside but with the way the game has been played of late there are still opportunities around tiring forwards in the middle which is where Jimmy should be looking for the ball, with Milf or Niko looming would be deadly

Roberts has done some good things for us and has had an impact so he is nowhere near Barba and Kennedy. Barba completely sucked apart from some games at the back end of the season and Kennedy was a complete failure, he is one of the worst players to ever play first grade. Stunned that anyone rated him.

At the very least he is creating opportunities for others simply by being there. The rest will come with time.

He's been disappointing.

When he started the season, there were actually good signs since he was holding his own defensively. He was always going to be a threat with the footy in hand and his impact in that regard had been steadily improving as well. Unfortunately he's fallen into a slump since that Cronulla game. Defensively he was loose, allowing Gerard Beale to win their battle out on Roberts' right fringe. He's yet to recover from that performance and without Gillett a lot of his efforts were exposed against Simona and Kata. Even Croker seemingly had his measure on Thursday night.

He's got to turn it around. A lot of blame has been placed on the playmakers but Roberts needs to put his hand up and involve himself more from dummy half and around the ruck.

Hopefully with the bye he can reassess and get himself right. He isn't the only Bronco that's struggling.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Alec
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • broncs30
  • Rowdy124
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • Scorchie
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.