Jerseys?

L

Locky24

QCup Player
May 17, 2009
Are Broncos thinking about or have new jerseys for 2010??

Nope, maybe in 2011 though. I remember reading in the Courier Mail that they have three year lifespans (probably due to the contracts with the manufacturer).

Didn't we get these jerseys the year after our premiership?

2007, 08, 09 is three years.

wouldn't surprise me if they stay the same though.

Correct Sam, we've had these jerseys since 2007. 3 years is the usual lifespan of a jersey for the Broncos it seems.

We had jersey changes in:

1988: obviously
1990: (moved to prominently maroon at top and gold at bottom)
1994: Diamonds night time jersey
1997: Super League
1999: New/old jersey design with white striped away jersey
2001: Weird purpley away jersey
2002: Collarless jerseys introduced
2004: White away jersey
2007: Current jerseys

Also lots of "Marketing Reseach" shows that 3 years is the optimal lifespan. Basically the marketing thinking is that of people who are going to buy a supporter's jersey the marjority of them would have done so within 3 years of the design release, so it's then time for a new one to get people to buy again.

I hope we get rid of the white one and get a yellow one like the lance armstrong game ones.

joshobro said:
I hope we get rid of the white one and get a yellow one like the lance armstrong game ones.

hell yeah i loved that one. give us a full Maroon style one for home and the armstrong one for away

joshobro said:

I dug that one too, big fan

Flutterby said:
Also lots of "Marketing Reseach" shows that 3 years is the optimal lifespan. Basically the marketing thinking is that of people who are going to buy a supporter's jersey the marjority of them would have done so within 3 years of the design release, so it's then time for a new one to get people to buy again.
pretty sure the NRL actually put in a rule where teams have to keep their jerseys for 3 years minimum, to stop clubs just changing their jersey every year to make fans buy new ones.

iirc though, our jersey hasnt been 100% the same (apart from sponsorship logos) for 2 consecutive years for a while? every year they seem to take more and more yellow off the home jersey, and more and more blue off the away jersey.

i want the yellow-up-top 100th anniversary jersey (the one reminiscent of our first jersey, pictured below) as our away jersey, and a new maroon-up-top version of it (like our 93 jersey) as the home one. our jerseys at the moment are the most boring in the league, and dont resemble the broncos of old at all.
0,,5948989,00.jpg

I still loved the Lance Armstrong one. Would love to have one to wear to the games!

draggx said:
I still loved the Lance Armstrong one. Would love to have one to wear to the games!

If you had about $2000 you could've bid on one ;-)

Active Now

• AscotinOz
  • kiwibronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.