NEWS Jordan Riki responds to beastly BHQ trolls

BHQ delinquents won't have to dig too far back into what's left of their memories to recall the vitriol directed at emerging superstar Jordan Riki, calling him such choice names as a "soft hearted ****," unfairly referring to his fingers as dicks and wanting to deport him back to New Zealand. Jordan admits he has had to toughen the **** up to cope:

“It was really hard to deal with. I have no shame in saying that I am a pretty sensitive guy and I wear my heart on my sleeve, I have never been ashamed of that. At the time, it did sting me, but this being my third year in the NRL now I have learnt to grow a thicker skin.”​
"I don’t care so much anymore about what the other outside noise and all the critics are saying. I have definitely had to get used to it. Talking to the other boys at the Broncos, the leadership boys like Reyno and Carrigan, they even cop it. You can’t please everyone unfortunately and while it shouldn’t happen, it does happen, so I focus on the positives more than the negatives. If I cop abuse now, it’s how I process it and deal with it.”​

Donuts:

“Social media is a fantastic place to show that passion; through the wins and the losses, the highs and the lows. We encourage you to express yourself and support your team and players. But we also ask you to remmeber that our players and coaches are real people with families and loved ones. What you post has an impact, so take that responsibility seriously and don’t step over the line.”​

The bloke just needed time to develop and still does. He's got upside but he's still fairly new to Rugby League compared to most other players. It was always going to take time for him.

We're starting to see that upside this year and IMO he's still got more improvement left in him.

Kid really wears his ⬛ on his sleeve

He's started the season exceptionally well, kudos. Keep it up.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.