Josh Hoffman @ Fullback for the Rest of the Year.

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
So if we're looking at Hoffman probably being fullback for next year (which I totally endorse), do you think they might look at putting Hunt elsewhere in the team and letting Hoffman finish the year at the back.
I know this would possibly put Hodges offside a little as this is similar to what happened to him, but does anyone else think this has any merit?

Depends if Henjak has the balls. at the very least get Hoffman on the wing for more experience in the NRL. I think Hoffman has a long way to go before he can be our number 1.

I would prefer to Keep Hunt at fullback and have Hoffman on the wing to get some more experience. Like Beads said.

Play Hoffman as fullback and Hunt as the bench utility. That way Glenn can go back to playing where he belongs permanently in the backrow.

The Gymp said:
Play Hoffman as fullback and Hunt as the bench utility. That way Glenn can go back to playing where he belongs permanently in the backrow.

+1

I'm ok with that. I don't want us to waste our time having Karmichael at #1 when he's gone anyway.

Yeah, that would be pretty good idea. Unlikely though.

Gee I really don't know about Hoffman.

He impressed me with his first game, but every game after that he seems to make at least one dumb decision, whether it be positionally or simply not contesting a highball.

I thought Beale was cool as ice in the game he played FB for us. I would be picking Beale lightyears ahead of anyone else at Brisbane to take the FB position.

Renegade said:
Gee I really don't know about Hoffman.

He impressed me with his first game, but every game after that he seems to make at least one dumb decision, whether it be positionally or simply not contesting a highball.

I thought Beale was cool as ice in the game he played FB for us. I would be picking Beale lightyears ahead of anyone else at Brisbane to take the FB position.

I agree with you. As posted elsewhere, I think Beale has it over Hoffman for FB - next year.

For this year, I think we should stick with Khunt. That is, unless he has another poor game in which case he should be dropped, along with Michaels, for the rest of the season.

Hoffman could then go to FB if Beale is out. Otherwise to wing if Khunt performs.

Get on the Beale bandwagon people he is a star of the future if he stays injury free.

Another option is put Hunt at left centre and say do your best.. At least Hunt has talent unlike Michaels.

The Rock said:
Nah, rather use Glenn there.

Hunt can come on after half time as a roaming lock.

Had Hunt stayed in the game, I think his future was at lock. Given he's only probably got 5 games left, put him on the bench and use him as a roaming lock as you said.

I'm just wondering why nobody is talking about players from the QLD, I mean isn't that our feeder comp? Why are we only looking at the U20's comp for our forwards and backs and allow players like Hunt and co to develop as per our previous times before the U20 comp? Isn't there a halfback, forward and even back rowers there worth a chance?

totally agree. hoff isnt that good. beale is a much better prospect.

Beale can't put 2 games together without getting injured.

sydney_bronco09 said:

I think Hoffman will be given the first shot at the vacant fullback spot next year... especially how hard it is to come back from a knee recon (which Beale has just had)

Foordy said:
sydney_bronco09 said:

I think Hoffman will be given the first shot at the vacant fullback spot next year... especially how hard it is to come back from a knee recon (which Beale has just had)

Yep I am happy to see Hoffman given a crack and if he holds onto his spot good on him. Either way I think Beale will be in and around the side next year.

Unfortunately i've seen precious little of Beale, but its encouraging to hear that we've got more than one good prospect to fight for Karmichael's vacant position in the future.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.